Wk.5- GLEASON @ DRESDEN

HevyReturns

Yeppers Racerman, I do know that feeling. Gleason looked good coming off the bus, & that first drive they had & then stopped Lions quick first time we had it.. it was kind of like… hmmm, will this be their year? I said it before, & my son & I was talking about all this on the way home (who was playing for the Lions then when it happened), there were some very close calls Lions had where Gleason should have beat us, & that one game where our #11 , Colter Swafford, had two 4th down miracle plays to beat them… he was hit HARD in backfield by a rabid Bulldog, which would have secured them a win, but he stayed up, bounced off tackle & made 1st down, then on a 4th & goal on the last play of game he made that Superman, laid-full-out catch for the win! A game & set of plays that will be talked about for a looooong time! Whew wee we escaped that lose! So yes we understand the feeling.. plus that year Dresden was for first time ever ranked #1 and we go to ‘Stangs corral last game of regular season, who simply spanked us really bad on a cold winters night, (we still made finals though & finished Silver our first time there that year).. that was THE YEAR Lions were thinking we finally had the crew to beat Huntingdon.. but nope. Tonight the Gleason faithful no doubt felt they would break their drought tonight too (since 1987.. I don’t know how long it’s been since we beat Stangs either.. since our grandpas played? idk). So in such a win the Lions need to still be humble & gracious, and don’t rest on the past to win the next game, right? Gleason’s guys played hard every down all game & their season ain’t over, and this is just one win for us, with a whole lot more needed, with room still to improve! Just stay humble & keep on improving Dresden, lots of football left to play!