Region 6 2A (not 5)

ddaddy

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WEEK 7

Week 7 matchups will go along way in determining the 4 playoff teams and could have a great impact on who will host a playoff game in week one.

Riverside 5-1 (2-0) host East Hickman 4-1 (1-1) in a battle that could greatly impact the regional championship. RS has played a tougher schedule in defeating Lexington 17-14 and losing a close game to powerhouse Huntington 14-26. East relies on a foot-to-foot heavy run game while Riverside hangs their hat on a stout defense. If East play mistake free and can be successful on the ground, they have a chance. If not, this game could get out of hand with the home team running away by multiple scores. I pick RS by at least 3 TDs.

Adamsville 2-4 (1-1) at Lewis Co. 5-1 (2-0) Most were shocked by East Hickman’s handling of Adamsville 53-27 2 weeks ago and Lewis County’s narrow except at home against Loretto 21-20. Which team moves past disappointing showings may determine the outcome of this game. Adamsville can still win the region, but it lives or dies at Lewis Co on Friday night. Lewis Co is playing for the chance for week 10 be for a region championship. Either way this game will go a long way in determining seeds for the playoffs. I pick LC by 1 or 2 scores.

Scotts Hill 2-4 (0-2) at Hickman Co. 3-3 (0-2) Both teams will be playing for their playoff lives. The loser of this game will all but end their playoff chances while the winner will still be in the hunt. In comparing common opponents HC beat Perry Co 48-8 while SH won 21-6. HC lost to Riverside 0-37 and SH was defeated 7-54. HC and SHs combined 5 wins come against teams with a record of 2-22. This is anybody’s game and I give the edge to HC by 7+ points in a high scoring game.

3 hours ago, ddaddy said:

WEEK 7

Week 7 matchups will go along way in determining the 4 playoff teams and could have a great impact on who will host a playoff game in week one.

Riverside 5-1 (2-0) host East Hickman 4-1 (1-1) in a battle that could greatly impact the regional championship. RS has played a tougher schedule in defeating Lexington 17-14 and losing a close game to powerhouse Huntington 14-26. East relies on a foot-to-foot heavy run game while Riverside hangs their hat on a stout defense. If East play mistake free and can be successful on the ground, they have a chance. If not, this game could get out of hand with the home team running away by multiple scores. I pick RS by at least 3 TDs.

Adamsville 2-4 (1-1) at Lewis Co. 5-1 (2-0) Most were shocked by East Hickman’s handling of Adamsville 53-27 2 weeks ago and Lewis County’s narrow except at home against Loretto 21-20. Which team moves past disappointing showings may determine the outcome of this game. Adamsville can still win the region, but it lives or dies at Lewis Co on Friday night. Lewis Co is playing for the chance for week 10 be for a region championship. Either way this game will go a long way in determining seeds for the playoffs. I pick LC by 1 or 2 scores.

Scotts Hill 2-4 (0-2) at Hickman Co. 3-3 (0-2) Both teams will be playing for their playoff lives. The loser of this game will all but end their playoff chances while the winner will still be in the hunt. In comparing common opponents HC beat Perry Co 48-8 while SH won 21-6. HC lost to Riverside 0-37 and SH was defeated 7-54. HC and SHs combined 5 wins come against teams with a record of 2-22. This is anybody’s game and I give the edge to HC by 7+ points in a high scoring game.

Yeah region is playing out pretty much like you have said. It will come down to the last week I figure 

6 minutes ago, ddaddy said:

East played closer than I thought. I still say that this is the best coached East team that I have seen since the conception of their program.

Yes it is. They were outmatched and down 20-0 and just got better as it went making play after play. Very impressed with their Qb  England, he was a magician last night. Kept escaping in tight spots and putting them in good situations 

45 minutes ago, Bigpun54 said:

Yes it is. They were outmatched and down 20-0 and just got better as it went making play after play. Very impressed with their Qb  England, he was a magician last night. Kept escaping in tight spots and putting them in good situations 

I think that our top three seeds are set. And probably Adamsville #4. East will be a hard out in the playoffs.