Cumberland County @ Stone

AFormerCoach

I like the CCHS defense. They're a pretty tough bunch and the secondary has been very good. The offense has done what was necessary in their 3 wins. That seems to be Coach Rap's style. He wants to run it and shorten the game...keeping the opponent's offense on the sideline. This offense could be more explosive and put up more points if they threw it more. They have one kid for sure who can stretch the field. 

The SMHS offense has scored several times this season with a scrambling QB who just threw it up and the receiver made a play. I don't think those kinds of plays will go their way tonight.

I think CCHS wins for the first time in about a decade. 

48 minutes ago, AFormerCoach said:

I like the CCHS defense. They're a pretty tough bunch and the secondary has been very good. The offense has done what was necessary in their 3 wins. That seems to be Coach Rap's style. He wants to run it and shorten the game...keeping the opponent's offense on the sideline. This offense could be more explosive and put up more points if they threw it more. They have one kid for sure who can stretch the field. 

The SMHS offense has scored several times this season with a scrambling QB who just threw it up and the receiver made a play. I don't think those kinds of plays will go their way tonight.

I think CCHS wins for the first time in about a decade. 

Agreed, what the casual fan does not know is how well our strength and conditioning has been. 

For the first time in a long time we are bigger, stronger, and faster than Stone. We should win the game tonight and start our own streak going forward. 

Hope they are ready to hand over the trophy tonight. 

Word on the street is they say they can't find the king of the mountain trophy. Convenient time to lose it, right when we are about to TAKE it.   

3 minutes ago, JET4LIFE84 said:

Agreed, what the casual fan does not know is how well our strength and conditioning has been. 

For the first time in a long time we are bigger, stronger, and faster than Stone. We should win the game tonight and start our own streak going forward. 

Hope they are ready to hand over the trophy tonight. 

Word on the street is they say they can't find the king of the mountain trophy. Convenient time to lose it, right when we are about to TAKE it.   

That's hilarious! Enjoy the game tonight.

Good luck to Rap, Brad, Dakota, and all the other coaches and players. You've got a good bunch up there. Someone mentioned playing style and I'm sure that is influenced a good bit by Caine and Thompson. Someone also mentioned bigger and stronger and I'm pretty sure Brad had a hand in that. He'll have them boys rasslin this winter and should be better next year.