Blackman folks

ttitan27

Had a nice encounter with one of your players and his dad last night.   Wanted to give the kid props.   

My volunteer duties for Oakland require me to be at the game about 1:15 before kickoff.   Most of the time I don't have anything to do so I wind up watching the visitors team kicker.  Last week against Blackman I was watching the kid kick. Pregame.  Apparent from the getgo that he was good.   Soccer style.   Long powerful kickoffs in the game that he could put wherever he wanted.   Mostly 6-9 yards deep into the endzone.   45-50 yards?  I think in his range.   You get the picture.   Good. 

So last night after the CPA game I'm leaving the stadium and overhear a man and his son talking about the game and kickers.   I said excuse me sir I agree and we talked kicking for a minute.   They weren't wearing any school colors so I asked them where they were from.   The father said Blackman and my son is the kicker.   Told him how I had really been impressed with his kicking last week and that he was one of the best I had seen in years.  True.  He and his father were incredibly humble and nice.   I asked if he was being recruited and he said he was and had a trip planned in the future. What a kind and soft spoken young man.  Dad raised a good one.  I truly hope he gets himself a free education.   

He's certainly got the leg for it. 

• Like 1

Those are kind words and appreciated for sure, both by fans and  would bet him and his family as well. The one thing we sometimes forget is that these are players are just young men boys if you will . With everything there is today it says so much about young men and their dedication to the the team, the sport and more importantly becoming the best version of themselves they can. Kuddos to him... and to you for taking a minute to recognize others. 

19 hours ago, ttitan27 said:

Had a nice encounter with one of your players and his dad last night.   Wanted to give the kid props.   

My volunteer duties for Oakland require me to be at the game about 1:15 before kickoff.   Most of the time I don't have anything to do so I wind up watching the visitors team kicker.  Last week against Blackman I was watching the kid kick. Pregame.  Apparent from the getgo that he was good.   Soccer style.   Long powerful kickoffs in the game that he could put wherever he wanted.   Mostly 6-9 yards deep into the endzone.   45-50 yards?  I think in his range.   You get the picture.   Good. 

So last night after the CPA game I'm leaving the stadium and overhear a man and his son talking about the game and kickers.   I said excuse me sir I agree and we talked kicking for a minute.   They weren't wearing any school colors so I asked them where they were from.   The father said Blackman and my son is the kicker.   Told him how I had really been impressed with his kicking last week and that he was one of the best I had seen in years.  True.  He and his father were incredibly humble and nice.   I asked if he was being recruited and he said he was and had a trip planned in the future. What a kind and soft spoken young man.  Dad raised a good one.  I truly hope he gets himself a free education.   

He's certainly got the leg for it. 

Sounds like a great young man that is well grounded.  Wish him much success.