Weird sequence over at Heritage

osunut2

Bizarre sequence here late at Heritage.

Heritage has the ball with under 30 seconds to play, trailing Lenoir City 20-14. With the ball at their own 28, a play is blown dead at the snap, and a LC defensive lineman comes in and lays out the QB after the whistle. Flags come flying in, and a few seconds later, a player from the Heritage bench comes flying in and goes after the offending defensive player. Both players are ejected. Somehow Heritage ends up gaining 15 yards in penalty yardage. Just a strange situation to see live.

21 minutes ago, osunut2 said:

Bizarre sequence here late at Heritage.

Heritage has the ball with under 30 seconds to play, trailing Lenoir City 20-14. With the ball at their own 28, a play is blown dead at the snap, and a LC defensive lineman comes in and lays out the QB after the whistle. Flags come flying in, and a few seconds later, a player from the Heritage bench comes flying in and goes after the offending defensive player. Both players are ejected. Somehow Heritage ends up gaining 15 yards in penalty yardage. Just a strange situation to see live.

It was two separate personal fouls on the lenoir city kid, one for tackling the quarterback, and one for throwing punches. The kid who came running off the sideline was the quarterbacks older brother. At least he was willing to fight for his team and his brother while his coaches were calling run plays up the middle with 3 minutes left and down by a touchdown. I don't know how much longer we have to put kids through this before something is done, all because of a state title won at Maryville years ago. 

Just now, dontstopbelieving said:

It was two separate personal fouls on the lenoir city kid, one for tackling the quarterback, and one for throwing punches. The kid who came running off the sideline was the quarterbacks older brother. At least he was willing to fight for his team and his brother while his coaches were calling run plays up the middle with 3 minutes left and down by a touchdown. I don't know how much longer we have to put kids through this before something is done, all because of a state title won at Maryville years ago. 

Oh I know, the issues are pretty deep. I just thought it was very bizarre to see a kid come off of the bench and do that.