Round 1 AC vs Seymour

haweanbula

29 minutes ago, Mavericksinflight said:

Dang!!! Clinton has a future and hopefully they have players as well coming back

Coach Keith and the other coaches were expecting Clinton to improve this year, but thought next year is when they would make some noise so to speak. They are ahead of schedule.  Should be interesting to see what they can do next year for sure.

2 hours ago, 92Dragon said:

Coach Keith and the other coaches were expecting Clinton to improve this year, but thought next year is when they would make some noise so to speak. They are ahead of schedule.  Should be interesting to see what they can do next year for sure.

Yeah it is something to look forward. Looks like coach is doing a really good job. He had a lot to change.

4 hours ago, Mavericksinflight said:

Yeah it is something to look forward. Looks like coach is doing a really good job. He had a lot to change.

The hardest thing to change when rebuilding a program, is changing the mindset of the players AND the mindset of the old coaching staff.  Coach Keith had to get rid of all of the former assistant coaches and bring in all new assistants because even the old coaching staff had gotten used to losing and their attitudes were just as bad if not worse than the players.

It's kinda like in the movie Hoosiers....you gotta break them down and build them back up. Discipline is a huge part of what Coach Keith is trying to bring back to the program along with getting the kids to believe in themselves. 

As a coaching staff and player, you have to go into every game believing you are going to win. Clinton did that this year with probably every team on their schedule with the exception of Powell. The coaching staff having confidence in the team and expecting them to compete and win is the process of changing the teams mindset.

You have to start off with teams you can compete with to get the kids to start believing in themselves and the coaching staff. When you start competing, you can slowly but surely start adding better teams to your schedule.  I've already heard where Clinton is wanting to scrimmage better teams this summer to see how well the kids compete.

9 hours ago, 92Dragon said:

The hardest thing to change when rebuilding a program, is changing the mindset of the players AND the mindset of the old coaching staff.  Coach Keith had to get rid of all of the former assistant coaches and bring in all new assistants because even the old coaching staff had gotten used to losing and their attitudes were just as bad if not worse than the players.

It's kinda like in the movie Hoosiers....you gotta break them down and build them back up. Discipline is a huge part of what Coach Keith is trying to bring back to the program along with getting the kids to believe in themselves. 

As a coaching staff and player, you have to go into every game believing you are going to win. Clinton did that this year with probably every team on their schedule with the exception of Powell. The coaching staff having confidence in the team and expecting them to compete and win is the process of changing the teams mindset.

You have to start off with teams you can compete with to get the kids to start believing in themselves and the coaching staff. When you start competing, you can slowly but surely start adding better teams to your schedule.  I've already heard where Clinton is wanting to scrimmage better teams this summer to see how well the kids compete.

Yeah this is long over due for the Clinton program. And I am so Happy to. And at least we don't have to play you...lol..I think you got something working now!

The thread seemed lonely and a bit off topic. So here are some fun numbers for the MAVS and Eagles. Seymour is 6 Wins and 3 Losses and has scored 253 points in 9 games for a 28.1 points per game. In 9 games they have given up 245 points for a 27.2 average per game.

The MAVS 5 Wins and 5 Losses in 10 games have scored 307 points for a 30.7 points per game. On defense the Mavs have given up 241 points for a 24.1 average per game.

Now let’s remove the outliers Greeneville and Elizabethton.

Seymour is now 6 W and 1 L. They have scored 238 points in 7 games for a 34 point average while giving up 123 points for a 17.6 average per game.

Now let’s remove the Mav’s Betsy game. The Mavs are now 5-4 and have scored 300 points for a 33.4 average while defensively you have given up 214 points for a 23.7 points per game.

Seymour’s opponents have won 45 games while losing 42 games.

Mav’s opponents have won 66 (very impressive!) while losing just 39. Remember you have a 10 game schedule verses their 9 game schedule.

Let’s remove the outlier teams. Seymour 7 opponents have won 27 games while losing 41 games. The Mav’s 9 opponents have 58 wins as opposed to 38 losses.

The Mavs have literally played one of the top 10 schedules in the state regardless of classification.

I always liked what Mark Twain use to say, “ There are 3 types of liars. People like you and me, then politicians and the worse liars of all…. STATISTICS!”

Edited by noonesfool
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, noonesfool said:

The thread seemed lonely and a bit off topic. So here are some fun numbers for the MAVS and Eagles. Seymour is 6 Wins and 3 Losses and has scored 253 points in 9 games for a 28.1 points per game. In 9 games they have given up 245 points for a 27.2 average per game.

The MAVS 5 Wins and 5 Losses in 10 games have scored 307 points for a 30.7 points per game. On defense the Mavs have given up 241 points for a 24.1 average per game.

Now let’s remove the outliers Greeneville and Elizabethton.

Seymour is now 6 W and 1 L. They have scored 238 points in 7 games for a 34 point average while giving up 123 points for a 17.6 average per game.

Now let’s remove the Mav’s Betsy game. The Mavs are now 5-4 and have scored 300 points for a 33.4 average while defensively you have given up 214 points for a 23.7 points per game.

Seymour’s opponents have won 45 games while losing 42 games.

Mav’s opponents have won 66 (very impressive!) while losing just 39. Remember you have a 10 game schedule verses their 9 game schedule.

Let’s remove the outlier teams. Seymour 7 opponents have won 27 games while losing 41 games. The Mav’s 9 opponents have 58 wins as opposed to 38 losses.

The Mavs have literally played one of the top 10 scheduled in the state regardless of classification.

I always liked what Mark Twain use to say, “ There are 3 types of liars. People like you and me, then politicians and the worse liars of all…. STATISTICS!”

OMGosh what stats. Someone done well in Math, English and tops it off with Literature. Great post Noonesfool!

• Thanks 1

Just now, DevilMan03 said:

How is Seymour winning this game? Lol wow 

Yep it's Sad for the Mighty Mavericks!! I am holding back my tongue!!! I am looking to next year! A shake up in Defense is needed. Can't expect to out score our troubles.. I think this game is pretty clear our defense needs a change...we can't as in now always expect to out score a poor defensive coaching job...as example in Powell Game...We just can't keep doing this without a Defense...no secondary...we live and die by a simple Blitz!!

2 minutes ago, Mavericksinflight said:

Yep it's Sad for the Mighty Mavericks!! I am holding back my tongue!!! I am looking to next year! A shake up in Defense is needed. Can't expect to out score our troubles.. I think this game is pretty clear our defense needs a change...we can't as in now always expect to out score a poor defensive coaching job...as example in Powell Game...We just can't keep doing this without a Defense...no secondary...we live and die by a simple Blitz!!

Mav the mighty Devils beat Seymour 66-7 

I think y’all have a lot more issues than Defense. Could this be the final year of the Lettermen’s Jacket? Say it ain’t so could Davey be done? Lol

Edited by DevilMan03

25 minutes ago, DevilMan03 said:

Mav the mighty Devils beat Seymour 66-7 

I think y’all have a lot more issues than Defense. Could this be the final year of the Lettermen’s Jacket? Say it ain’t so could Davey be done? Lol

Well when you have an offensive that put up 48 points on Powell and a defense that gave up 60...lol No seriously I know who and what this issue is. The brains are not on the defense side. AC would be lucky IMO to keep Davey he's about as smart as I have seen. But that Defence is an issue. Davey figures everything in. His school teacher told me one time in the I think his 7th grade she had never had a student so indepth and detailed. That's the truth. And I will be honest he runs the offense not defense. If it were him I would be first to say and leave I would agree with you 100%.

Edited by Mavericksinflight