Bearden open

HTV

2 minutes ago, PostingGawd39 said:

Since everyone is so intersted in central OC and "points against winning teams" I went and looked at bearden over the past couple years. 

21: 10 ppg

20: 13 ppg

19: 19 ppg

18: 19ppg

17: 16 ppg

Seems like people are bashing 23 ppg against winning competition but that seems pretty solid IMO im no exper though

Who is the winning competition that you speak of?

5 minutes ago, LittleJerrySeinfeld said:

They had one and the coaching was so bad that his family moved so he could to go to West.  The one they have now did pretty dang well for a freshman once he was given the job.

He must not have played that well if they averaged 10 points per game. :roflol:

5 minutes ago, PostingGawd39 said:

Since everyone is so intersted in central OC and "points against winning teams" I went and looked at bearden over the past couple years. 

21: 10 ppg

20: 13 ppg

19: 19 ppg

18: 19ppg

17: 16 ppg

Seems like people are bashing 23 ppg against winning competition but that seems pretty solid IMO im no exper though

Beardens region is a little tougher too, wouldn’t ya say? IMO

4 minutes ago, RPohnO said:

I get ya. The results haven't been great. But that doesn't necessarily mean the program was in bad shape. If administration feels the foundation of the program is solid but needs a slightly different direction, I could see an internal hire being an easy decision. At a school that clearly values academics over football, the opportunity to keep a large portion of staff member in tact, not have to worry about "creating positions", and allow some sort of continuity for the players seems like a choice this administration might make. I don't think an internal hire would do WORSE. I don't know. Guess we will see

It seems like they basically didn't have coaches though. Internal is not an option. :roflol:

19 minutes ago, LEFTYKNOX said:

Internal would be a huge mistake. You don't promote an assistant from a 4-6 team to be the HC.

A lot of games on that schedule the past few years that should've been wins and with the right people leading the program, calling the offense and defense, you could probably see improvement very fast. This will be a very interesting hire from what I am reading here.

10 minutes ago, thefox said:

It seems like they basically didn't have coaches though. Internal is not an option. :roflol:

The DC seems to do a decent job and the OC felt handcuffed to the old OC system. Unless admin can find a proven hire, an experienced HC with success at a program of similar size (they may have to go out of state to find that), looking internally might be the best option. This administration is not going to hire a coordinator from another school for Bearden to be their first HC gig, so you can forget any option in that category. Jeff Jones, the Central OC, all these other names will not get this job. It's either an internal hire or an experienced HC. Since people have ruled out Bradley and Cummings, then out of state is the only other option. 

3 minutes ago, toughD said:

The DC seems to do a decent job and the OC felt handcuffed to the old OC system. Unless admin can find a proven hire, an experienced HC with success at a program of similar size (they may have to go out of state to find that), looking internally might be the best option. This administration is not going to hire a coordinator from another school for Bearden to be their first HC gig, so you can forget any option in that category. Jeff Jones, the Central OC, all these other names will not get this job. It's either an internal hire or an experienced HC. Since people have ruled out Bradley and Cummings, then out of state is the only other option. 

Why would a school promote from within from an underperforming team/staff? Seems to me  the sensible thing would be to hire someone from outside with fresh ideas. This will not be an internal hire, IMO. I just can't see that happening.

9 minutes ago, toughD said:

They've ruled out Bradley and Cummings?

On 11/9/2021 at 1:45 PM, Drifter1987 said:

Paul Shelton was the OC there for a while, he is currently a position coach for UC Davis in California. When he left, Brian Milan took over as the OC, moving over from his role as the DC. Mickey Chait has been over the defense since then. Milan left this past season as well, took a job as a position coach at Maryville College. Not sure who the OC was this season, heard he came from Heritage. 

Could you be talking about a former OC that now works at an FCS school in California? @RPohnO

Edited by FHSAlum12

3 minutes ago, FHSAlum12 said:

Could you be talking about a former OC that now works at an FCS school in California? @RPohnO

I have no idea. Based on your quote, that would be UC Davis guy. Does he plan to come back? That seems like going the wrong direction. I still think they should just hire me, someone who handles money all day long, keep the teaching/school employment part out of it.