6-4 Wilson Central travels to 9-1 Page

The playoffs are here. My Patriots begin the playoffs with high hopes and great potential to make a run this year. The first round opponent is Wilson Central High School. They’ve got some good wins on the schedule and I’m sure they are a rock solid team. I look forward to the game and I’m excited about my Patriots and the challenges they have ahead. I’m sure this one will be tough, but I bet these boys are ready to get it done in this one.

Anyone on these boards know anything about Wilson Central that they want to share, and help get us all more excited about Friday night?

Edited by SurfingPatriot786

I’m not sure what Wilson Central is doing now, but I can tell you about the Springfield game they won 7-6.  They only had around 100 yards total offense with 40 or so of those coming on one TD run. Springfield missed two field goals and one XP in what was probably the Jackets poorest showing of the season. Springfield had around 15 players out that game with the majority of those due to Covid, including 4-5 starters. I don’t think Page will have any problem with them, but you still have to line up and play and anything can happen this time of year. 

Edited by JacketLover

2 hours ago, JacketLover said:

I’m not sure what Wilson Central is doing now, but I can tell you about the Springfield game they won 7-6.  They only had around 100 yards total offense with 40 or so of those coming on one TD run. Springfield missed two field goals and one XP in what was probably the Jackets poorest showing of the season. Springfield had around 15 players out that game with the majority of those due to Covid, including 4-5 starters. I don’t think Page will have any problem with them, but you still have to line up and play and anything can happen this time of year. 

Does Page have a kid that is relation to Boyce Smith?

Region 5 has been a crapshoot all year.  MJ has blown 14 point leads against both Station Camp and Green Hill in the 4th quarter.  Station Camp was fantastic until 3 weeks ago, they lost to Portland, got clobbered by Green Hill and beat bottom feeder Hunters lane by 6. Green Hill has 3 or 4 kids who are really athletic and make a lot of plays.  They have won 3 games in the final minute.  Wilson Central is pretty solid on defense, offense up and down weekly.  Page should win by 14-21 points,.   

On 11/2/2021 at 8:00 PM, JacketLover said:

Great grandson, there’s an article that’s on Facebook on that If You Grew Up in Springfield that was posted on October 22 about him. 

That’s really interesting. I had tried to look it up in the past and see if there was a relation between the two. Nice little nugget. Especially since it is a possibility we could play each other in the semi-finals. 

2 hours ago, SurfingPatriot786 said:

That’s really interesting. I had tried to look it up in the past and see if there was a relation between the two. Nice little nugget. Especially since it is a possibility we could play each other in the semi-finals. 

Let’s hope we meet in the semis! That would suit me just fine. 

• Like 1