Quarterfinal (Round 3) Covington @ Dyersburg

CHARGERFAN

17 hours ago, tennesseeannouncer said:

Today’s Leader has Covington with 223 yards on 62 carries. Yet to see anything official on Dburg but Kirby said in his quote that the Chargers “dominated the stats in every category but the most important.”

I have talked to Coach Kirby multiple times since Friday about the game. He has never said the word “dominated”; that was added in by the paper. Albeit he did say Covington lead in every stat but the most important which was turnovers; which is 100% facts. 

First Downs CHS 16 DHS 8

Total Yards CHS 223 DHS 216

Rushing CHS 62/223 yards 2 TDS DHS 24/128 2 TDS 

Edited by ChargerFootball

1 hour ago, Dash said:

I don't know what Dburgs stats were but I don't see how the stats could be "dominating" either way. Both defenses played lights out. 

18 hours ago, tennesseeannouncer said:

Today’s Leader has Covington with 223 yards on 62 carries. Yet to see anything official on Dburg but Kirby said in his quote that the Chargers “dominated the stats in every category but the most important.”

I don’t know the totals for both for the game but at the half the Covington had 144 yards and Dyersburg had 104. A big chunk of Dyersburg yards came on the one long 65 yard TD. Covington had 10 first downs and Dyersburg had 3. Again that was just the first half it is a 4 quarter game. Covington made to many mistakes. Even with the fumbles I think Covington would have still won the game. The pick six was the dagger in my opinion. 

2 hours ago, ChargerFootball said:

I have talked to Coach Kirby multiple times since Friday about the game. He has never said the word “dominated”; that was added in by the paper. Albeit he did say Covington lead in every stat but the most important which was turnovers; which is 100% facts. 

First Downs CHS 16 DHS 8

Total Yards CHS 223 DHS 216

Rushing CHS 62/223 yards 2 TDS DHS 24/128 2 TDS 

I’ll admit that it seemed like an uncharacteristic quote. The newspaper needs to make that right.