Quarterfinal (Round 3) Covington @ Dyersburg

CHARGERFAN

3 hours ago, Chargercats said:

I am going ,

Covington 35

Dyersburg 14

This is the most disrespectful thing I have seen in a while. I hope this does not make its way into Dyersburg's locker room, not that they need any added motivation, but this would certainly provide it. The more I think on this game, the more I see Dyersburg limiting Covington similar to the first meeting. I think Dyersburg wins a close game. 

1 hour ago, GrumpyBulldog said:

Dyersburg was the beneficiary of a terrible roughing the kicker call during the regular season matchup. That, plus the fact that Stowe coached teams generally don't perform well in rematches gives Covington the edge in my opinion. Should be a fun game to watch, Covington 35-28.

Yeah, that was “a day that will live in infamy”, to quote FDR.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, JoeBlow777 said:

This is the most disrespectful thing I have seen in a while. I hope this does not make its way into Dyersburg's locker room, not that they need any added motivation, but this would certainly provide it. The more I think on this game, the more I see Dyersburg limiting Covington similar to the first meeting. I think Dyersburg wins a close game. 

Disrespectful?? Not sure why it is disrespectful. Put it in their locker room! I don't really care. It's not a matter of how much/little respect i have for Dyersburg, It's about knowing the culture at Covington and the motivation that they have there, this year specifically (how their season ended last year). There motivation and determination goes way deeper than an anonymous coachT fan posting a lopsided score prediction (BTW i am not a professional). I watched the replay of the regular season game btw these two teams and Dyersburg had some things fall their way along with a few out of character Charger mistakes. These same mistakes will not be made tonight. Sorry for seeming disrespectful but that is the confidence i have in the Chargers!! If ya'll win, I'll be cheering for you the rest of the season!!

• Like 1

13 hours ago, TrojanLC said:

This man’s got jokes!

Jokes? Not really! May i remind you that in 2018 Dburg beat Haywood 48-14 in regular season, bet you didn't expect Haywood to beat Dburg in the playoffs 47-14 that same season? 

Don't get me wrong, Covington will have to play a solid, focused, minimal mistake game to win but the difference is, Covington can very well do this!! It is not out of reach at all. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chargercats said:

Jokes? Not really! May i remind you that in 2018 Dburg beat Haywood 48-14 in regular season, bet you didn't expect Haywood to beat Dburg in the playoffs 47-14 that same season? 

Don't get me wrong, Covington will have to play a solid, focused, minimal mistake game to win but the difference is, Covington can very well do this!! It is not out of reach at all. 

Y’all playing with the 2018 Haywood roster? Haywood had several of their star players out during the regular season but had them back for the playoffs. I knew what was coming, but how is that relevant? It’s amazing how Dyersburg got lucky and Covington screwed up the first game.