Don Pitt leaving Greenfield

18 minutes ago, truefalconfan said:

Well if yall were that solid under Pitt why did he refuse to play lake county last year after playing each other for 40 years? 

Are you talking about the Covid year? I'm not sure all the details on that, you said Lake co had to forfeit bc of Covid. 

7 hours ago, GHSSupporter said:

That makes no sense at all. Gleason just had a winning season. Before this year Greenfield had 3 straight winning seasons, 4 straight playoff appearances and a region championship. Not to mention logistically it just doesn't make sense. Either Gleason or Greenfield kids are gonna drive past Dresden to go to a different school??

You go through Dresden to get to Gleason? Pretty sure the most efficient route between the two would be through Pillowville...a nice central location for the schools ha. 

51 minutes ago, GHSSupporter said:

Are you talking about the Covid year? I'm not sure all the details on that, you said Lake co had to forfeit bc of Covid. 

Yes when they changed the regions up a couple of years ago. Greenfield, Gleason and South fulton refused to play us during the regular season even though our schedules permitted.  So we had to go pick up haywood county and other larger schools to have a full schedule to play 

2 minutes ago, truefalconfan said:

Yes when they changed the regions up a couple of years ago. Greenfield, Gleason and South fulton refused to play us during the regular season even though our schedules permitted.  So we had to go pick up haywood county and other larger schools to have a full schedule to play 

I’m not sure what you’re talking about. Regions changed this past year and Greenfield and Lake Co are in the same region and they played each other?? 

20 minutes ago, WarEagleCartman said:

You go through Dresden to get to Gleason? Pretty sure the most efficient route between the two would be through Pillowville...a nice central location for the schools ha. 

There was talk years back of making Weakley County a two high school county. Gleason would go to Dresden and Greenfield would be part of Westview. Honestly, that still makes the most sense from a cost standpoint. They never had issues closing the high schools at Palmersville or Sharon when enrollments got low. Wont ever happen with Frazier running the school system though. 

23 minutes ago, WarEagleCartman said:

Ha! True. Well it’s abt the same no matter which way you go, but depending where you’re at through Dresden would be a little quicker. But I agree no better use for millions of bucks than to build a school in a community with hardly any kids, for 250 kids that could just as easily go to Martin or Dresden as they’d be the same distance lol

5 hours ago, GHSSupporter said:

Ha! True. Well it’s abt the same no matter which way you go, but depending where you’re at through Dresden would be a little quicker. But I agree no better use for millions of bucks than to build a school in a community with hardly any kids, for 250 kids that could just as easily go to Martin or Dresden as they’d be the same distance lol

True! I just see the other side where it seems a lot of money would be wasted on 2 schools that small. Of course it would make sense for them to go to Westview and Dresden but the prospect of 2 1A teams combining and still being 1A is fascinating. 

21 hours ago, truefalconfan said:

Greenfield is in Lake County's region.

19 hours ago, sportsman20 said:

Puckett would absolutely return if they could pay him. It is up to the schools booster club to reach out to him and make it happen. IT would be a great for the school and community to bring in a guy like that.

I'd love to see him go to Greenfield.

• 3 weeks later...