Panther’s top 10 D2 rankings

PurplePanther

3 hours ago, theawesomebro said:

shoulda put him on the giant number 79 who steamrolled in beside him.  : )

Great observation.  Any footage of that match-up (79 on 79)?  I know pancakes look yummy with syrup and all, but if you are on the ground you aren't helping your team down field or worse, creating opportunities to trip up your own teammates.

On 7/5/2022 at 9:05 AM, PurplePanther said:

Board has been stale so here is a little spice.  I put all D2 schools in one pot:

1. LA - no question

2. McCallie - reloaded

3. CPA - still well coached

4. MBA - solid on both sides of the ball.  Defense will be good

5. BA - massive young O-line

6. MUS - returns solid Defense

7. Baylor - decent returning team with a new college HC

8. Knox Catholic

9. Lausanne 

10. Christian Brothers

I couldn’t justify Pope Prep to myself to be in top 10.  Loaded skill positions but lost there entire O-line I believe.  I wanted DCA to make it because they have a great coach,  but don’t see them beating any team listed.  Now let’s here it!

Sorry if already asked, but why doesn’t LA move up & play with the big boys? This isn’t meant to be derogatory. Just asking. Thanks. 

1 hour ago, bradley86 said:

Sorry if already asked, but why doesn’t LA move up & play with the big boys? This isn’t meant to be derogatory. Just asking. Thanks. 

I can't speak for LA but they will play anybody.  They played Oakland last year to a close game.  They have Thompson on the schedule this year who is the defending 3 time champs in Alabama 7A in a few weeks...ranked #19 in the country I believe.  I would guess it is enrollment numbers.  Interesting note that 2 of the best teams in D2 are in that class.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, bradley86 said:

as was already said, they want to play the "big boys" but just don't get to very often.  from the "big boys" perspective though, what's in it for them.  possibly getting beaten by a lower division team isn't very attractive I would think.  I have a hunch this might be solved soon enough...

3 hours ago, theawesomebro said:

as was already said, they want to play the "big boys" but just don't get to very often.  from the "big boys" perspective though, what's in it for them.  possibly getting beaten by a lower division team isn't very attractive I would think.  I have a hunch this might be solved soon enough...

It's a 2 yr commitment in the division.  This is the second year of the commitment.  It's my understanding that CPA wouldn't commit to playing LA each year if they moved up to AAA last year and they wanted to keep the rivalry intact.  It's only a rivalry if you are playing each other.  You are also correct that the AAA boys are hesitant to play them for fear of getting beaten by a AA.  Check with the other team on Granny White Pike.  I suspect that will be solved very soon and it won't be an option.

44 minutes ago, ChuckDSanAntonio said:

It's a 2 yr commitment in the division.  This is the second year of the commitment.  It's my understanding that CPA wouldn't commit to playing LA each year if they moved up to AAA last year and they wanted to keep the rivalry intact.  It's only a rivalry if you are playing each other.  You are also correct that the AAA boys are hesitant to play them for fear of getting beaten by a AA.  Check with the other team on Granny White Pike.  I suspect that will be solved very soon and it won't be an option.

Read that the T$$AA kicked the can down the road until 2024.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, PurplePanther said:

Read that the T$$AA kicked the can down the road until 2024.

At best the TSSAA Board of Control is a bunch of self-serving idiots!  They have known for well over one (1) year that reclassification would be on the agenda, and they still kicked the can down the road.