Heritage VS. TKA Scrimmage

rebeldevil

4 hours ago, camppack said:

Certainly good at working the news media and using social media. Lots of hype around the program though some of it doesn’t reflect reality like the claims about the coaching staff. 

Agreed. The reason for the previous offense and defense was using what they had as players. If you lack an o line, you have to accommodate elsewhere. Defense will wear down by end of 1st quarter at that rate. Social Media is a highlight reel, reality is about to set in.

Nothing hurts worse than losing and getting your nose rubbed in it. Through out the years Heritage and William Blount have fallen to some kind of disadvantage that words can't begin to describe. Failure in the feeder system, lack of support, horrible conditions the county let the facilities get into, parents taking kids to greener pastures to play, distances to travel and pick up kids that are playing around work schedules are just many of the problems that have and will always hinder these two programs. I have preached for years that enrollment is not always the best answer on how to set up and place all schools. My suggestion is to do enrollment first then make some common sense adjustments after. William Blount and Heritage would be lucky to compete in 3A and 4A no matter who is coaching with those issues I mentioned.

20 minutes ago, BarneySox2007 said:

Nothing hurts worse than losing and getting your nose rubbed in it. Through out the years Heritage and William Blount have fallen to some kind of disadvantage that words can't begin to describe. Failure in the feeder system, lack of support, horrible conditions the county let the facilities get into, parents taking kids to greener pastures to play, distances to travel and pick up kids that are playing around work schedules are just many of the problems that have and will always hinder these two programs. I have preached for years that enrollment is not always the best answer on how to set up and place all schools. My suggestion is to do enrollment first then make some common sense adjustments after. William Blount and Heritage would be lucky to compete in 3A and 4A no matter who is coaching with those issues I mentioned.

We can all agree with this. Enrollment should only be a piece of the puzzle. 

Of course we all know that other issues at the top will always throw fuel in the fire. 

I just can't help but think about the fall out for the boys if this doesn't bode well. They are young and impressionable and I feel like there is some smoke being blown not only to them but their parents & the community. Hoping for the best, for the kids.

Edited by ftbllfan23

16 hours ago, BarneySox2007 said:

I went on Google Earth and pulled that up. I know where that is at but never have noticed a school there in all the time I have went there. Did Gatlinburg play their football games there on campus also. I noticed a decent size school yard so I figured they might have. I have seen the last 6 or 7 yearbooks from the old Gatlinburg High online. What website has info on the old Gatlinburg High. Thanks for all the info you have helped with.

You are welcome. Yesterday, I was wondering where they played their games. I will ask someone who will know the answer to your question and get back with you. Here is the link for the history of the school:   https://www.sevier.org/domain/1955

• Like 1

I asked my source where Gatlinburg played their games since they attended school at the Pi Beta Phi location. He told me there was a football field where the Gatlinburg Convention Center sits now on Airport Road. He said you would kick an extra point and it would go down into the main street on that end of the field. There was a hotel at the other end. I learned something new today! By the way, where can you access those yearbooks? 

4 hours ago, ftbllfan23 said:

We can all agree with this. Enrollment should only be a piece of the puzzle. 

Of course we all know that other issues at the top will always throw fuel in the fire. 

I just can't help but think about the fall out for the boys if this doesn't bode well. They are young and impressionable and I feel like there is some smoke being blown not only to them but their parents & the community. Hoping for the best, for the kids.

Though it's probably not workable, a system like that used in professional soccer in most of the world (not US) would be interesting. Top teams in each classification each year or two move up (unless already 6A.) Bottom teams move down a classification. This would help level the competition for schools like WB and HHS for whom enrollment is not an indicator of competitiveness. They would drop until they got into a classification where they can compete. A school like Alcoa would move up until it is playing in a classification of comparable teams. 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, camppack said:

Though it's probably not workable, a system like that used in professional soccer in most of the world (not US) would be interesting. Top teams in each classification each year or two move up (unless already 6A.) Bottom teams move down a classification. This would help level the competition for schools like WB and HHS for whom enrollment is not an indicator of competitiveness. They would drop until they got into a classification where they can compete. A school like Alcoa would move up until it is playing in a classification of comparable teams. 

Nailed it. 

It would be workable if those in charge would work to make it happen. It would be beneficial and reviewable every year.

2 hours ago, FastGunFIfe said:

I asked my source where Gatlinburg played their games since they attended school at the Pi Beta Phi location. He told me there was a football field where the Gatlinburg Convention Center sits now on Airport Road. He said you would kick an extra point and it would go down into the main street on that end of the field. There was a hotel at the other end. I learned something new today! By the way, where can you access those yearbooks? 

If I remember right classmates had the 61-62 year book but not sure where the others were but it may have been Ebay where you can look through a few pages. I do remember seeing them because I do snap a picture of those pages. 

4 hours ago, camppack said:

I think I posed this option some other time on the "T" . If done correctly, it would work.

1 hour ago, Red Rebels said:

I think I posed this option some other time on the "T" . If done correctly, it would work.

Any idea if a system of this type is being used anywhere in HS football? At some point you would hope TSSAA accepts the reality that enrollment does not always correlate with competitiveness. Factors other than enrollment need to be factored into classification.