Battle of the Bridge

FastEddieDavis

6 hours ago, Beagle said:

Thats how all of Camden went to bed last night. Never seen the ball thrown around like that by the Lions I am not sure we have a RB. I am sure the test is much stiffer in Waverly but it is fun to watch for sure.

Good to see things are looking up over there in Camden. It was only a matter of time tbh. Were you there? How did the bruceton starters look?

13 hours ago, WarEagleCartman said:

80? :shock: 

Not a surprise. If you got to know that offense at Waverly, you know that if McConnell finds a weak link he will use it to destroy your defense until you adjust to stop it. If you don't have the personnel to deal with it, you just shut your eyes and hope the clock speeds up until it's over.

23 hours ago, Beagle said:

I honestly had no idea what Camden might look like this year. I know less about Waverly. I will say this  Coach McConnell finally put in his offense. Camden had 35 at half time  for  a 35-14 score when we sat the starters vs Bruceton  final 80-21. We did not play several starters on defense mostly LBs.  I look forward to the game as always see y'all Friday.

Waverly will be playing at HOME for the first time since Nov 2020. Y’all come hungry, gonna have some good food served fresh at North Concessions. 

Edited by Trollin

On 8/13/2022 at 1:38 PM, tradertwo said:

Not a surprise. If you got to know that offense at Waverly, you know that if McConnell finds a weak link he will use it to destroy your defense until you adjust to stop it. If you don't have the personnel to deal with it, you just shut your eyes and hope the clock speeds up until it's over.

So your saying Camden in a blowout?

On 8/13/2022 at 1:25 PM, WarEagleCartman said:

Good to see things are looking up over there in Camden. It was only a matter of time tbh. Were you there? How did the bruceton starters look?

I was.  number 10 is a handful for sure. I was told this is their best team in years but that isnt what I witnessed. The Tackles both hold every down and the refs being a scrimmage just let it go. 

Did you know Wolfe went to Milan then turned around and is at Henry County now?  No idea why he left Camden again. I can only assume he and McConnell did not see eye to eye. Sad because they in my opinion would have really benefited from each other. 

4 hours ago, FastEddieDavis said:

So your saying Camden in a blowout?

I doubt he means that. He is a Riverside guy.

2 hours ago, Beagle said:

I was.  number 10 is a handful for sure. I was told this is their best team in years but that isnt what I witnessed. The Tackles both hold every down and the refs being a scrimmage just let it go. 

Did you know Wolfe went to Milan then turned around and is at Henry County now?  No idea why he left Camden again. I can only assume he and McConnell did not see eye to eye. Sad because they in my opinion would have really benefited from each other. 

I had heard he went to Milan but didn't hear about Henry County and I agree every staff needs a Josh Wolfe. Good luck to y'all this year

5 hours ago, Beagle said:

Scotts Hill guy, and no that's not what I meant...I have witnessed McConnell's offense when he had the horses to run his scheme, and it's a handful to defend. Your linebackers have to be disciplined, read their keys, stay with their responsibilities, and after all that they can't miss the tackle or it's off to the races. When (if) he has the talent to implement everything in that offense at Camden, they'll be in the thick of things provided the defense can get a few stops. If Wolfe had stayed...

23 hours ago, tradertwo said:

Scotts Hill guy, and no that's not what I meant...I have witnessed McConnell's offense when he had the horses to run his scheme, and it's a handful to defend. Your linebackers have to be disciplined, read their keys, stay with their responsibilities, and after all that they can't miss the tackle or it's off to the races. When (if) he has the talent to implement everything in that offense at Camden, they'll be in the thick of things provided the defense can get a few stops. If Wolfe had stayed...

I agree . Coach Wolfe coaching was worth three stops and a turnover a game most nights.