The 97th Coffee Pot: Coffee Co. at Tullahoma

ScottShasteen

I will try to be as objective as possible. The Wildcats are a team. A young team. But a team that will play to the final whistle. I suspect that the cats will appear undersized against the Raiders. I suspect that we will play more kids on both sides of the ball than the Raiders. The Raiders had their hands full with Franklin county and could have put that game away but didn't. I think the Cats can get it done one more time. They have just enough talent and more than enough coaching power to get by one more 6A opponent this year. The young sophomore QB in for CC will not be able to stay out of the crosshairs of the Cats linebacker blitzes. Ask the kid from Shelbyville how fast they get to you. If our coaches dial up enough pressure to keep the passing game dazed and confused then our offense will get enough points on the board to find a W. Our kicking game gives us some tools that many high schools  don't have the luxury of counting on. I think it will be a close game as close as we have seen in very long time. But I can't vote against the Cats after seeing the Shelbyville game. Most of the Wildcats players were on the state champ team so yeah there is that. And a home game.  

Edited by wornoutwildcat

Overall I was impressed by Tullahoma’s performance over Shelbyville .  They are a more athletic team than I thought they would be after loosing 22 seniors, in fact I heard Friday night that there are 107 kids on the football roster.  That proves kids want to play on winning programs!   I had stated earlier that I thought 5 wins would be a successful season, and I still believe that.  But based on some scores this past weekend and some sports Columns I read, I believe Tullahoma has a decent shot at  winning 6-8 games during the regular season.  This will depend on kids staying healthy, quarterback looked banged up at the end of last weeks game, plus the lone returning starter didn’t even play…  Coach Sisk definitely manages the game way different than Olive did, which I believes gives Tullahoma the element of surprise.  The Coffee County game is one of the games that I believe Tullahoma wins in close one 23-21.