funny stuff

ILB1999

I just read the 5a AP poll, which is entertaining for lots of reasons, but i didn't know anything about Rhea county who is ranked 3rd in the poll. This poll is funnt for lots of reasons.  But the thing I couldn't believe the most is that Rhea county's bye week is this week.  I discoverd that when I looked up their schedule.  

The disrespect to Powell in this poll is kind of amazing to me.

Anyway, funny stuff

Class 5A

School                            Record     Total Points

1. Page (5)                      1-0             115 

2. Henry County (1)         1-0            109

3. Rhea County (4)          0-1              85 

4. Springfield                   1-0              80 

5. Knoxville West (3)       1-0              76   

6. Munford                       1-0              51 

7. Oak Ridge                   1-0              47

8. McMinn County           1-0              44

9. Nolensville                   1-0             38

10. Daniel Boone             1-0             30

5 minutes ago, ILB1999WHS said:

I just read the 5a AP poll, which is entertaining for lots of reasons, but i didn't know anything about Rhea county who is ranked 3rd in the poll. This poll is funnt for lots of reasons.  But the thing I couldn't believe the most is that Rhea county's bye week is this week.  I discoverd that when I looked up their schedule.  

Anyway, funny stuff

Class 5A

I don’t think there’s any disrespect for Powell. We don’t know the extent of injury to their QB. MX Prps has HC #1 in 5A and Powell still at #3. If there is any shade being thrown on the poll you posted it’s at  HC. They beat a team that’s up a class and has been to state 3 times in the last 3 years by a larger margin than page beat it’s opponent which is ranked 157 at mx prps poll. Trust me HC is by far #1 I’m 5a this year. Especially if Powell is down their Qb. 

3 minutes ago, ILB1999WHS said:

Anyway, funny stuff

Class 5A

Rhea lost to Alcoa 21-38 last week. We are replacing our entire OL from last season and most of our defense, but we did show a lot of promise against one of the best teams in the state. We finished last year 10-3 with the losses coming against Alcoa, Elizabethton, and Powell in the Quarterfinals. As for the BYE being so early, we were supposed to play Elizabethton in Week 2 last season, but it got moved later in the season for COVID reasons. Both teams just agreed to keep it at the later date this year instead of moving it back to Week 2. I am also shocked at the disrespect for Powell. I know they got throttled by Anderson County, but they were without Potts for most of the game, so it is hard to know how they would have fared at full strength. They should have been at least in the Top 10 even after losing, if not the Top 5. Rhea shouldn't be #3. We very well might finish there, but I don't think we are the 3rd best team in the class just yet. 

9 minutes ago, RollRed said:

I don’t think there’s any disrespect for Powell. We don’t know the extent of injury to their QB. MX Prps has HC #1 in 5A and Powell still at #3. If there is any shade being thrown on the poll you posted it’s at  HC. They beat a team that’s up a class and has been to state 3 times in the last 3 years by a larger margin than page beat it’s opponent which is ranked 157 at mx prps poll. Trust me HC is by far #1 I’m 5a this year. Especially if Powell is down their Qb. 

That's just a silly statement.  HC will be good, but Summit lost everything and had three turnovers... two of which led directly to scores.  Lets not get wrapped up in week 1 exageration.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, gulloern74 said:

Rhea lost to Alcoa 21-38 last week. We are replacing our entire OL from last season and most of our defense, but we did show a lot of promise against one of the best teams in the state. We finished last year 10-3 with the losses coming against Alcoa, Elizabethton, and Powell in the Quarterfinals. As for the BYE being so early, we were supposed to play Elizabethton in Week 2 last season, but it got moved later in the season for COVID reasons. Both teams just agreed to keep it at the later date this year instead of moving it back to Week 2. I am also shocked at the disrespect for Powell. I know they got throttled by Anderson County, but they were without Potts for most of the game, so it is hard to know how they would have fared at full strength. They should have been at least in the Top 10 even after losing, if not the Top 5. Rhea shouldn't be #3. We very well might finish there, but I don't think we are the 3rd best team in the class just yet. 

It's tough to stay reasonably healthy and rested with such an early bye week.  That's all i'm saying.

1 minute ago, ILB1999WHS said:

It's tough to stay reasonably healthy and rested with such an early bye week.  That's all i'm saying.

I completely agree. It is going to be a tough season without having a BYE to give a break. Especially when we get into the middle part of the schedule when we have to face Red Bank on the road and host Walker Valley and Elizabethton three Fridays in a row. We had some guys out against Alcoa that we are hoping to get back, but they don't get a break from here on out.

29 minutes ago, oridgecat said:

This poll means little to nothing.  Teams have played 1 game and nobody voting in the poll has possibly even seen each of the top ten teams play.  They just vote on last years record and recent history.  Not worth the paper it's written on.  

you better hope so.

1 hour ago, ILB1999WHS said:

That's just a silly statement.  HC will be good, but Summit lost everything and had three turnovers... two of which led directly to scores.  Lets not get wrapped up in week 1 exageration.

This whole topic is about silly and about nonsense polls. However someone  seems to think summit is still good they are and were (before an sss whoopin) ranked above all these teams. We will get more data on HC after this Fridays beech game sure. HC putting up 30 unanswered points again 6A summit who was ranked 15 in the state before the game isn’t an exaggeration it’s a fact. Haywood fans say they are stacked this year. I watched HC pick them apart 4 scores to 2 in a 2 quarter jamboree. Also since when does someone bring up defensive scores like they don’t count “that’s a silly statement “, we would have won without them. 

• Upvote 1