CPA at Brentwood Academy

theawesomebro

26 minutes ago, JRB said:

BA gets revenge from last year and win it 28-17.  I will say the BA broadcast is excellent.

Their line looked huge to me. #40 looked great, not sure how many total yards he had, but scored all 4 TDs. The QB is solid also as a sophomore, I think?  I think this BA team will get a lot of revenge this year. 

I saw a lot I liked in CPA also.  I think they’ll  mold themselves into a very good team by the playoffs. 

5 hours ago, JRB said:

BA gets revenge from last year and win it 28-17.  I will say the BA broadcast is excellent.

BA did a nice job with its broadcast, as usual.  Scott and Chris are good guys who have called BA games for years.

My attention was elsewhere (Brentwood High at Father Ryan) but one play from CPA/BA really jumped out at me. Late first half and up 7-3, BA had it third and goal from the CPA 2.

Eagles went empty backfield with five wide. CPA OLB #2 came off the line unblocked, disrupting what appeared to be a planned quick slant pass to the far side.

Somehow, BA QB #12 managed to buy just enough time to get a look at the near side, where BA RB #40 was able to get open in the end zone. The quarterback's quick release made the difference as he got hit almost immediately after the throw.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ed7uIeVdE20?t=3378

8 minutes ago, LouPickney said:

BA did a nice job with its broadcast, as usual.  Scott and Chris are good guys who have called BA games for years.

My attention was elsewhere (Brentwood High at Father Ryan) but one play from CPA/BA really jumped out at me. Late first half and up 7-3, BA had it third and goal from the CPA 2.

Eagles went empty backfield with five wide. CPA OLB #2 came off the line unblocked, disrupting what appeared to be a planned quick slant pass to the far side.

Somehow, BA QB #12 managed to buy just enough time to get a look at the near side, where BA RB #40 was able to get open in the end zone. The quarterback's quick release made the difference as he got hit almost immediately after the throw.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ed7uIeVdE20?t=3378

McIntyre is nationally ranked among QB’s - throws a nice ball, good pocket presence and is pretty nifty at not taking a big loss. 

1 hour ago, LouPickney said:

How was the Ryan game?  Offenses on both sides that bad- or  really good defenses?

41 minutes ago, JRB said:

How was the Ryan game?  Offenses on both sides that bad- or  really good defenses?

Brentwood tried to run in 1st half and gave up on it in the 2nd.  I think they finished with less than 20 yds rushing.  Ryan D-Line dominated.  Bruins QB finished with over 200yds passing mostly in the 2nd half.  Had a lot of pressure on him in 1st half, looked like the Irish called the dogs off when they went up 10-0.  Irish offense had a few sparks but turnovers killed drives.  QB showed to be a true dual threat when he took off for 50yd TD in Q1.  

Game could have been closer too.  Bruins missed 4 FGs one of which was blocked.

3 hours ago, JRB said:

I felt that Father Ryan was exceptionally fortunate to win. 1/11 on 3rd down, 0/1 on 4th down, and four turnovers. That seldom equals a victory.

Brentwood High had a wide open WR in the first half drop what would've been a sure touchdown reception. BHS has a good kicker with a strong leg and somehow went 0/4 on FG.

Run defense for the Irish made the difference. BHS only had five yards rushing on 24 carries. Father Ryan's defensive line was also able to pressure the Bruins on passing downs, particularly in the first half.

2 hours ago, theawesomebro said:

i was surprised by the outcome.  was this result because BA is a better team than in years past or is CPA just starting slow?

Last night I felt BA was simply better.  The biggest difference IMO was BA's OL, which controlled the line of scrimmage and eventually wore down CPA in the 4th.  BA covered Humphrey very well - I only recall one deep ball being completed.  BA has been down the past couple of years, although 10-0 in 2020 regular season and won 4 straight state titles from 2015-18.  

• 3 weeks later...