Baylor at Ensworth

Rockytopmojo7

2 hours ago, PurplePanther said:

Coin flip for me on this since neither had touch competition last week.  I am taking Ensworth.

These 2 teams are about as up and down from week to week as there is in D2-AAA.  I will go with Ensworth based on their playing surface, the best natural turf in the state. 

• Like 1

I thought Trent put in artificial turf at LA?  From a spectator standpoint my comment is purely based on aesthetics - rarely is a blade of grass out of place ;)  In chatting with Pope players, I would ask who has the best grass field.  Most would say Ensworth because of “playability” that is probably due to consistency of the surface, reliable footing footing and proper drainage.  No horticulturist here.  Ensworth has a practice field, that looks better than most schools primary field, which limits the amount of traffic during football season.

F7999A02-0C96-49D6-94DE-FC3361B7F16F.jpeg

oh you said natural turf!  sorry I missed that.  yeah that is beautiful!!  natural grass seems to be more rare in private schools and larger public schools.

yeah, LA has artificial turf and I love it.  there are people on it all the freaking time which is different than it used to be when it was grass that had to be preserved for games. 

1 hour ago, JRB said:

I thought Trent put in artificial turf at LA?  From a spectator standpoint my comment is purely based on aesthetics - rarely is a blade of grass out of place ;)  In chatting with Pope players, I would ask who has the best grass field.  Most would say Ensworth because of “playability” that is probably due to consistency of the surface, reliable footing footing and proper drainage.  No horticulturist here.  Ensworth has a practice field, that looks better than most schools primary field, which limits the amount of traffic during football season.

F7999A02-0C96-49D6-94DE-FC3361B7F16F.jpeg

Best grass and Jumbotron in the state!