State of Harriman Football

It’s no secret I’ve been critical of my alma mater the past few years. Coach Tapp came in the early 2000s and inherited a team on 20+ game losing streak. At the time he was a solid bridge coach to get us out of the basement where we were and set us up for the next guy to get us back to playing a high level of football.

15 years later and we’re still waiting for that to happen. I’m just genuinely curious when the administration at Harriman will get the intestinal fortitude to make the right decision that’s been long overdue. It’s time, and it’s been time to show Tapp the door. 

From 2008 up until last week our teams have severely underachieved and anybody that has a knowledge of the game can see how underdeveloped and lack of physicality our teams consistently have. With the talent Tapp had from 08-12 and then a handful of years from 13 to present day, the lack of proudction and results have been absolutely pathetic. At some point it’s time to set pride to the side and do the right thing. Being a good man and good teacher isn’t cutting anymore. The vast majority of the alumni refuse to come to games until a change is made because of how he’s ran our program into the ground. There are multiple alumni that are successful coaches around the state that have made it known coming back home would be something they’d love to do. Last week was the last game I attend until the change is made. It’s simply not right to the kids or to the alumni and fans to have to continue dealing with a man who simply won’t see how far downhill the program has gone and do the right thing and step aside and let fresh blood rejuvenate this program. The potential is there but it’s going to take the right man and staff to come in and overhaul the culture. Here’s to hoping the change happens sooner as opposed to later. The kids and the Harriman community deserve better than a Travis Tapp led football program. 

2 hours ago, SportsnetWriter2 said:

It’s no secret I’ve been critical of my alma mater the past few years. Coach Tapp came in the early 2000s and inherited a team on 20+ game losing streak. At the time he was a solid bridge coach to get us out of the basement where we were and set us up for the next guy to get us back to playing a high level of football.

15 years later and we’re still waiting for that to happen. I’m just genuinely curious when the administration at Harriman will get the intestinal fortitude to make the right decision that’s been long overdue. It’s time, and it’s been time to show Tapp the door. 

From 2008 up until last week our teams have severely underachieved and anybody that has a knowledge of the game can see how underdeveloped and lack of physicality our teams consistently have. With the talent Tapp had from 08-12 and then a handful of years from 13 to present day, the lack of proudction and results have been absolutely pathetic. At some point it’s time to set pride to the side and do the right thing. Being a good man and good teacher isn’t cutting anymore. The vast majority of the alumni refuse to come to games until a change is made because of how he’s ran our program into the ground. There are multiple alumni that are successful coaches around the state that have made it known coming back home would be something they’d love to do. Last week was the last game I attend until the change is made. It’s simply not right to the kids or to the alumni and fans to have to continue dealing with a man who simply won’t see how far downhill the program has gone and do the right thing and step aside and let fresh blood rejuvenate this program. The potential is there but it’s going to take the right man and staff to come in and overhaul the culture. Here’s to hoping the change happens sooner as opposed to later. The kids and the Harriman community deserve better than a Travis Tapp led football program. 

You are long overdue for a change.  In 2016, I was so impressed with the athletes on that team but was smh because they didn't want to tackle anybody.  The coach has to recognize this or he just don't care. Good luck 

22 minutes ago, THE KING said:

You are long overdue for a change.  In 2016, I was so impressed with the athletes on that team but was smh because they didn't want to tackle anybody.  The coach has to recognize this or he just don't care. Good luck 

Harriman has athletes for days!No reason to be sucking hind teet every year!!

Edited by orngnblk
  • Upvote 1

8 hours ago, THE KING said:

Agreed. He’s honestly a joke at this point. He needs to stick to the classroom. He knows people feel this way but still selfishly continues to drive the program as far into the ground as it will go.