Rhea Co @ McMinn Co.

Rhea Co.

This should be a good one to kick off Region 4-5A play. The winner of this one will have a big leg up on the region. Rhea is coming off a bye week and McMinn is coming off a low scoring loss to Cleveland. Rhea and McMinn are similar in some aspects. Both have playmaker QBs, young/unexperienced lines, and good players at the skill positions. With the game being at McMinn I’m sure we will have a fine officials crew for this game. 

• Like 1

Man don’t start that crap. No worse officiating anywhere than Rhea Co. I expect Rhea to win. McMinn has too many things to work on. Most notably is our offense. I don’t like our play calling or our results from our play calling. Fell like Rhea has many more options and weapons to win this game unfortunately for us. Hopefully we can get better as the year goes on 

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Rhea Co. said:

This should be a good one to kick off Region 4-5A play. The winner of this one will have a big leg up on the region. Rhea is coming off a bye week and McMinn is coming off a low scoring loss to Cleveland. Rhea and McMinn are similar in some aspects. Both have playmaker QBs, young/unexperienced lines, and good players at the skill positions. With the game being at McMinn I’m sure we will have a fine officials crew for this game. 

That officiating comment is laughable. In McMinn's only home game this year they received 17 penalties for 140 yards.  I went back and checked the last two games that Rhea played at McMinn, and McMinn received far more penalties for far more yards than Rhea did, so those officials seem to have really helped Rhea. Maybe that's what you meant by the "fine officials crew", meaning Rhea gets the advantage?

• Like 2

4 hours ago, BrushCreek said:

Man don’t start that crap. No worse officiating anywhere than Rhea Co. I expect Rhea to win. McMinn has too many things to work on. Most notably is our offense. I don’t like our play calling or our results from our play calling. Fell like Rhea has many more options and weapons to win this game unfortunately for us. Hopefully we can get better as the year goes on 

Yeah, I think RheaCo is somewhat joking with the Ref comment because of all the crying BOTH schools get from visiting teams about bad calls. He knows and I’m sure you do too that it’s the same officiating group that does both Rhea and McMinn Co home games.
Has there been bad calls? Yes

Has it went on for years? Yes 

Is it good ole boy home cooking? Probably not.

I have seen a lot of these games over the years and I think what we have seen - in some cases - is more a case of incompetence than dishonesty or “home cooking”. That’s not to say all Athens association officials are incompetent but over the years I have seen this bunch make some strange calls and even get into arguments with each over calls made during the game. That being said, let me say this… being a high school official is not an easy job and last time I checked there were several openings, So unless it’s really blatant, I try to give these guys the benefit of doubt and besides no crew anywhere is perfect. giphy.gif?cid=5e21488619b62d0f0c706dfbfb

Edited by RCfan
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Eagle57 said:

For some reason, don't ask why LOL I think the Eagles win this game pretty easily.    GO EAGLES!!

I hope so but from what I have read McMinn has a pretty solid defense and I know Jayden Miller is dangerous if he gets going.
This is a big region game and last I heard Rhea is still a little banged up so the young Eagles better be ready to play. 

1 hour ago, RCfan said:

I hope so but from what I have read McMinn has a pretty solid defense and I know Jayden Miller is dangerous if he gets going.
This is a big region game and last I heard Rhea is still a little banged up so the young Eagles better be ready to play. 

Yeah during the Alcoa game we were down to wingbacks 4,5,and 6 on the depth chart. Even though I thought Ace had a good varsity debut. 

The defense is really going to have to play good this game to contain Miller like last year 

2 hours ago, Rhea Co. said:

Yeah during the Alcoa game we were down to wingbacks 4,5,and 6 on the depth chart. Even though I thought Ace had a good varsity debut. 

The defense is really going to have to play good this game to contain Miller like last year 

Yes, Ace played great and it’s exciting to see how deep this backfield is.

On 8/27/2022 at 6:19 PM, RCfan said:

Yeah, I think RheaCo is somewhat joking with the Ref comment because of all the crying BOTH schools get from visiting teams about bad calls. He knows and I’m sure you do too that it’s the same officiating group that does both Rhea and McMinn Co home games.
Has there been bad calls? Yes

Has it went on for years? Yes 

Is it good ole boy home cooking? Probably not.

I have seen a lot of these games over the years and I think what we have seen - in some cases - is more a case of incompetence than dishonesty or “home cooking”. That’s not to say all Athens association officials are incompetent but over the years I have seen this bunch make some strange calls and even get into arguments with each over calls made during the game. That being said, let me say this… being a high school official is not an easy job and last time I checked there were several openings, So unless it’s really blatant, I try to give these guys the benefit of doubt and besides no crew anywhere is perfect. giphy.gif?cid=5e21488619b62d0f0c706dfbfb

LoL!!! I remember this game... Hilarious!!!