Perry Co. @ Dresden

HevyReturns

39 minutes ago, PCsupporter4life said:

There won't be any surgery on the brain bleed. He is stable and is sitting up in bed. Has to wear a back brace. He is still confused at times, they are going to try and get him to eat. 

Just wanted to update. 

I have never been to a football game in Dresden so this will be new for me. How is the service there? Just want to make sure I can update back home lol. Maybe I can run in to some of yall at the game. God Bless and hope for a good and injury free game.

Glad to hear some good news on injured young man.
  And as another said, service will be fine. The walk to visitors side is quite a trot though. Our field is lower than your ground level walk in, have to go down the stadium on home side, where concessions are, then around to visitors side. There are rest rooms for visitors on the side of the fieldhouse.. and even a sandpit for volleyball or playing beach for any active youngsters on that side. Rotary Field has some really nice lights now, thanks to the recent tornado that came through. Worst part? .. well.. you’ll find out if the wind blows just right. I’ll just leave it at that. Ha. You can live-feed your experience back home to the loyal Lindenites who couldn’t make the trip.. if you catch wind of what I’m talking about. 

Edited by HevyReturns

7 hours ago, PCsupporter4life said:

There won't be any surgery on the brain bleed. He is stable and is sitting up in bed. Has to wear a back brace. He is still confused at times, they are going to try and get him to eat. 

Just wanted to update. 

I have never been to a football game in Dresden so this will be new for me. How is the service there? Just want to make sure I can update back home lol. Maybe I can run in to some of yall at the game. God Bless and hope for a good and injury free game.

I can’t stop thinking about & praying for this young man. I can’t help but believe he is going to be fine, and will be an inspiration to all who know him, a great example of being an overcomer and a fighter, plus being a trophy of God’s Grace and example of the power of prayer! And when such events happen  I’m also reminded of the blessings of modern medical professionals, facilities, processes, knowledge and technologies.. oh man.. the miraculous things I’ve seen and personally been through.. it all gives me thankfulness! And this young man WILL walk through this valley of the shadow of death, & he’ll come out on the other side as another living miracle! .. Sorry to go on like that, but I couldn’t help myself. A local player from the next town over, a  Greenfield YellowJacket, during the game a few weeks ago against So. Fulton, he just came through an event that ended up being miraculous.. the game was stopped & canceled with lifeflight having to be used.. the thread here on the T about it is an inspirational read.. and I believe it will happen again for this young man in Perry County, another inspirational story!  

On 8/29/2022 at 9:10 AM, PCsupporter4life said:

It's hard to compete against schools that have more than one high school in their county. That's been the problem with Perry County sports. Perry County has 8,300 total people living in a county that has 423 square miles of land. The town of Linden only has around 1,000. There is 290 or so kids in the high school. Dresden has 330 kids but they live in a county that has 35,000+ residents. It's a tough place to live here. There's one plant (NYX) that is still open. The Hospital closed when Covid hit and the main factory (Bates Fabricating) in Lobelville closing, there is hardly any jobs unless you are a small business owner, school teacher or if you work somewhere else that has a hospital/health care facility. The football program isn't what it used to be because we did not have a feeder system like Junior Pro from 2012-2017. However, since 2018, the Junior Pro program is back and running and there are 50+ kids on three teams. That's the most that Perry County Football has had in years. More kids are wanting to play. They play Fairview, Lewis County, Dickson, Lewisburg and Columbia plus a few more. They are making the playoffs and making the semi-finals. Their 8-9-10 year olds as long as they continue to develop or grow I believe Perry County will be competitive and hopefully be a threat again. But the team at the high school now has almost 40 kids, that's 20+ more kids that they had last year and the year before. This team is a lot better then last years team but instead of having kids that have played football since they were five, most of these kids didn't start playing until they were 11 or so. Dresden and McKenzie and Gleason and Huntingdon, etc, have a great tradition of football. Unlike Perry County where Basketball is king and football has only been around since 1997, everyone else's has been around since the 50's or 60's. It will be a tough game for the Vikings and Dresden players and fans can say or do whatever they want but this Viking team is starting the foundation that is helping the program get back to the day's of the 2000's. 

Seems to be the opposite. Counties with one school typically are good because all the athletes in one county play together. I think Perry is just in a very unique situation. Wish y'all the best I love an underdog story. 

On 8/30/2022 at 1:39 PM, hogheaven said:

The hodge brothers told me it was 100% because they aren't at bruceton.  Nothing to do with a factory.   It took lots of takent to handoff to NFL level running backs recruited by the factory.   But....both hodges told me they passed the ball all the time....in practice.....and they were awesome!   

Which "NFL level runningback" weren't from Bruceton besides Longmire? I highly doubt Bruceton went up to Michigan to recruit him but I'm willing to listen.

Willis was nfl level talent.  Im sure he touched the ball a lot.  No clue if they recruited.  None!  But the factory brought a lot of talented families in.   Not judging.  Just trying ruffle hodges feathers.   They were definately recruited, to clean restrooms, but coach saw them throwing the spongue around and figured they couod hand off and pitch the ball.  Bahaha  sry chad and keith

• Like 1

@PCsupporter4life No doubt your Vikings will be super motivated & inspired to play for their injured teammate.. Lions better not let up & on every down give it our all .. or else. And if all falls into place, I should personally be at the game. Getting there close to kickoff (which is late for me, I like being early bird!). I’ll be wearing my black Lions tee, short hair w/ goatee, glasses, BIG fluffy guy, ha, call it what it is.. fat.. hehe, (but that’s ok, I have actually lost 325 lbs & counting and 22in from my waist by own effort & process by myself, no longer in my wheelchair or using canes either, PTL!), and I’ll be sitting on very bottom stadium bleacher close to 40 yd line (on the other side of scoreboard, the white stripe on the empty-field past the goal post side [fireworks go off from over there], there’s  a road & county bus & road crew buildings across the way, it’s on the right if looking down at the spot from the home side view, but on the left side 40 yd line looking across from visitors angle).. that’s where I place me & my “stuff”, sort of my “assigned” spot, (>we want you sitting THERE<) .. I’ll have my long black horn & big cowbell, with a loud/noticeable voice that carries, but I’m not a negative, nagging “yelling at” refs & players type (there are a few of those, sadly), rather I try to be upbeat, encouraging, playful- even singing to the refs or other team, or our own guys.. just an in-the-moment silliness that sometimes gets a chuckle, but falls flat as well.. which is even funnier at times. I not only enjoy these games, I also try to be enjoyable for others. :cool:
  << said all that in case you or any T’ers wanna drop by for a chat. You might know a friend of mine in Linden from a few years ago as well, who might be at game, idk, our phone numbers changed & don’t have new one. That’d be a moment to sing “it’s a small world after all..”. (but quietly & softly so nobody else is bothered. Ha.). Always enjoy meeting new people.. it’s indeed a blessing for me. 
 Well anyways..

It’s FRIDAY NIGHT LIGHTS time. Safe travels to all, no injuries., full healing to all those who sadly, already have been injured this year.. and..

GO LIONS! #1 ALL THE WAY!

• Thanks 1

Oh wow.. are you kidding.. VIKINGS ARE HUGE!!! What’s in the food & water up in them hills. Dresden fans are all talking about how big this team is..

But.. as quick as I typing, Dresden has had ball 2x, & scored 2x, and holding Vikings to zilch.. make that 3 scores.. our D got a scoop & score TD.. goodness gracious.. Lions are playing out of their minds! Just amazing! 4 mins left in 1st, we up 20-0. Oh wow. .. And our little kicker is a stud! What a weapon!