Howard Football

NeoNate

On 8/30/2022 at 3:03 PM, LloydBonafide said:

They're definitely going to 6A if HCDE doesn't step in. Howard is approaching 1600 students. As far as football goes they're playing a lot of young and/or inexperienced kids. Their defense is stout but can only keep them in games for so long. 

Where did you get this information from?  They were young 2 years ago when they qualified for the state playoffs.  They are not a young inexperienced team.  Last year all of the seniors quit on the coach and this year if you watched the brainerd game you can tell the coach has a problem #9....This all falls on coaching...Yes they are in a tuff classification but to have only 30 players and you have the most African American kids in the county in your building says this staff just cant get kids interested in playing 

1 hour ago, NeoNate said:

Where did you get this information from?  They were young 2 years ago when they qualified for the state playoffs.  They are not a young inexperienced team.  Last year all of the seniors quit on the coach and this year if you watched the brainerd game you can tell the coach has a problem #9....This all falls on coaching...Yes they are in a tuff classification but to have only 30 players and you have the most African American kids in the county in your building says this staff just cant get kids interested in playing 

Chattanoogan.com ran an article a couple weeks back with the enrollment numbers. I have some insight into this team and I can tell you the seniors that quit last year were addition by subtraction. Howard's playing a lot of underclassmen with little to no experience. Their D Line and Middle Linebacker are the only players with experience. 

As far as low player turn out there's a number of factors. One being a ton of potential Howard kids go to other schools in Hamilton County. Howard really has never been a football powerhouse to begin with either. Their last coaches claim to fame was that he fed his players every morning, we're not talking Nick Saban here.

1 hour ago, LloydBonafide said:

Chattanoogan.com ran an article a couple weeks back with the enrollment numbers. I have some insight into this team and I can tell you the seniors that quit last year were addition by subtraction. Howard's playing a lot of underclassmen with little to no experience. Their D Line and Middle Linebacker are the only players with experience. 

As far as low player turn out there's a number of factors. One being a ton of potential Howard kids go to other schools in Hamilton County. Howard really has never been a football powerhouse to begin with either. Their last coaches claim to fame was that he fed his players every morning, we're not talking Nick Saban here.

I think his claim to fame was how many kids he had sign and that he made the playoffs 4 of 5 years....And there is no way you can fix your mouth to say that Jamichael Young was an addition by subtraction when he was a 4 year starter at the time....another 3 year starter opted to not play this year as well.... middle linebacker went from all state to his coach not even mentioning him an any team write up.  So if you think its not coaching conflicts something is wrong with you my friend