Smith co travels to the rockpile

Mr. Postman1

12 hours ago, Mr. Postman1 said:

I’m hoping westmoreland comes in prepared more this year for the type of team smith co is. I think In some odd way we came into the SC game overconfident 

I agree. I think we underestimated them last year and got shocked. Hoping it's a different story this year! 

Here's my take... With SC size and stud of a QB they should win the game.... On the flip side, Westy has the best defense in the state in 2A (IMO) and just put up 20 against the 2nd best defense in 2A (also my opinion). If we keep the ball rolling like we did last week and play defense like we always do then Westy will win. So I say all of that to say if we win, its a big win against a really good team. If we lose, well it will suck but on paper we probably should... Good news is the games played on the field and the paper don't mean JACK!!!! Bring on them big boys and Joe Montana Jr!!!!

2 hours ago, GBO52 said:

Here's my take... With SC size and stud of a QB they should win the game.... On the flip side, Westy has the best defense in the state in 2A (IMO) and just put up 20 against the 2nd best defense in 2A (also my opinion). If we keep the ball rolling like we did last week and play defense like we always do then Westy will win. So I say all of that to say if we win, its a big win against a really good team. If we lose, well it will suck but on paper we probably should... Good news is the games played on the field and the paper don't mean JACK!!!! Bring on them big boys and Joe Montana Jr!!!!

If you have the best defense in 2A and Watertown has the second best you should not lose to Smith County "on paper" or on the field. I know you have a great defense. Westmoreland usually does. I would take into consideration there are some good teams in West Tennessee and Tyner and Hampton are obviously pretty good as well.

3 minutes ago, Sidelinehustler said:

If you have the best defense in 2A and Watertown has the second best you should not lose to Smith County "on paper" or on the field. I know you have a great defense. Westmoreland usually does. I would take into consideration there are some good teams in West Tennessee and Tyner and Hampton are obviously pretty good as well.

Yeaaaa about that statement.... I had a brain mishap and completely forgot that there are other teams besides the ones I follow closely in middle TN lol. My bad!!! With that being said I am going to change my statement to "One of the best" for Westy and "Another great" for H20.

6 minutes ago, Sidelinehustler said:

No way Watertown has the 2nd best defense in 2a! We have a great cord, but we are alot thinner on defense than last few years.  Alot of kids that haven't played alot