Polk County @ McMinn Central

blitzinbuc

2 hours ago, logcabinman said:

Probably because its home!!

I'd say you're correct. When he left Polk I think both the administration and he were in disagreement and mutually ready to part ways. That administration is gone now so DD jumped on the opportunity to go home.
I still think Central beats Polk County. Signal Mountain is better than anyone Polk has beat so far, and Central has faced better teams than Polk has. It's usually a good game between these two, and I'm sure this one will be as well. No doubt it will be a good gate too. 

5 hours ago, blitzinbuc said:

I'd say you're correct. When he left Polk I think both the administration and he were in disagreement and mutually ready to part ways. That administration is gone now so DD jumped on the opportunity to go home.
I still think Central beats Polk County. Signal Mountain is better than anyone Polk has beat so far, and Central has faced better teams than Polk has. It's usually a good game between these two, and I'm sure this one will be as well. No doubt it will be a good gate too. 

That adminstration is still in power. 

6 hours ago, logcabinman said:

I am worried about this one.  I think you will be surprised at the size and athleticism of some of these Polk boys.  I do think numbers can play a part.  I can see Polk keeping it close or even having an edge early with the Chargers pulling it out late.

Perhaps this article in today's paper will ease your mind some:

With the upperclassmen knowing very well what their former coach does scheme-wise, Moody acknowledges that has made preparations go more smoothly this week for the Chargers (2-1).  "We’ve had guys come in, and we met on Sunday at the coaches’ dinner and watched some film, and (Monday) when we did our walkthrough,” Moody said. “And they were telling us, ‘Look, he likes to do this,’ and ‘They line up in this formation and this is a trick play,’ and this and that. They’re familiar with what he thinks and how he thinks and some of the things that he does that are a little off center from what a typical offense would be."

52 minutes ago, blitzinbuc said:

Perhaps this article in today's paper will ease your mind some:

With the upperclassmen knowing very well what their former coach does scheme-wise, Moody acknowledges that has made preparations go more smoothly this week for the Chargers (2-1).  "We’ve had guys come in, and we met on Sunday at the coaches’ dinner and watched some film, and (Monday) when we did our walkthrough,” Moody said. “And they were telling us, ‘Look, he likes to do this,’ and ‘They line up in this formation and this is a trick play,’ and this and that. They’re familiar with what he thinks and how he thinks and some of the things that he does that are a little off center from what a typical offense would be."

I'm sure davis is smarter than a couple 17yr old kids that remember a trick play from 3yrs ago :lol:

Just proves he's still in their heads and hasn't coached up there in 2yrs.

Edited by beardog

Coach Moody ?  Matt Moody?   Solid lad, solid football player, career ended before his time, the lords way of showing us what's what....  Great football mind.... From the MC world.....

Coach moody, you are forever in my respects..........

Good Luck!
Coach Davis wins tho... Sorry Matt... He was coaching when we were tackling the dummy behind the athletic center.... He's consistent and fundamentally driven....

If you want to make a career of it, You need to be fundamentally driven and over all middleschool and pee wee coaches before you...

If you're not coaching your coaching tree, youre gonna end up behind...

12 hours ago, ImaSavage said:

Coach Moody ?  Matt Moody?   Solid lad, solid football player, career ended before his time, the lords way of showing us what's what....  Great football mind.... From the MC world.....

Coach moody, you are forever in my respects..........

Good Luck!
Coach Davis wins tho... Sorry Matt... He was coaching when we were tackling the dummy behind the athletic center.... He's consistent and fundamentally driven....

If you want to make a career of it, You need to be fundamentally driven and over all middleschool and pee wee coaches before you...

If you're not coaching your coaching tree, youre gonna end up behind...

lol This is funny!

Edited by catchnburn
Correction

On 9/8/2022 at 3:27 PM, beardog said:

I'm sure davis is smarter than a couple 17yr old kids that remember a trick play from 3yrs ago :lol:

Just proves he's still in their heads and hasn't coached up there in 2yrs.

Good thing coaches don't play, players do. Kids were playing Polk County not Coach Davis.

Big win for the Chargers.

Polk is going to be fine. DD and his staff have only been there for around 8 weeks since it took the administration took 3 or 4 weeks to make the hire. Putting a team together after the dead period is tough. Pretty remarkable the job Coach DD and his staff have done is such a short time period.

Hope the McWilliams kid is OK....#39 is a beast running the football. He will get more things in offensively and defensively over the next few weeks.  Got some winnable games coming up at home after Tyner.

12 hours ago, Charger64 said:

Good thing coaches don't play, players do. Kids were playing Polk County not Coach Davis.

Big win for the Chargers.

Polk is going to be fine. DD and his staff have only been there for around 8 weeks since it took the administration took 3 or 4 weeks to make the hire. Putting a team together after the dead period is tough. Pretty remarkable the job Coach DD and his staff have done is such a short time period.

Hope the McWilliams kid is OK....#39 is a beast running the football. He will get more things in offensively and defensively over the next few weeks.  Got some winnable games coming up at home after Tyner.

Congratulations to Centrals' coaching staff on their gameplan and keeping the team focused, and congratulations to the players for listening to and buying into to the coaches gameplan.