GALLATIN AT STATION CAMP

Verb58

Well, losing to Station Camp is a fireable offense. 

This coaching staff and going down to the players have a terrible way of playing up to a good opponent and down to a bad one. Look at the MJ and Blackman games. Played good ball against good teams. Look at West Creek, Station Camp. They downgraded and leveled their play to their opponent. Inexcusable.

Edited by thegreatone36

34 minutes ago, thegreatone36 said:

This coaching staff and going down to the players have a terrible way of playing up to a good opponent and down to a bad one. Look at the MJ and Blackman games. Played good ball against good teams. Look at West Creek, Station Camp. They downgraded and leveled their play to their opponent. Inexcusable.

Gallatin has some athletes, but they are soft. Mentally and physically beat last night and it could have been a lot worse than the scoreboard showed. The phantom PI call and the PF penalty saying the kid was out of bounds kept two scoring drives alive when they were over. Should have been 21-0 at the half.

Out-coached and outplayed last night. 

12 minutes ago, eers said:

Gallatin has some athletes, but they are soft. Mentally and physically beat last night and it could have been a lot worse than the scoreboard showed. The phantom PI call and the PF penalty saying the kid was out of bounds kept two scoring drives alive when they were over. Should have been 21-0 at the half.

Out-coached and outplayed last night. 

That statement was seldom said when Coach Calvin Short was leading the Green Wave 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, eers said:

…and it’s not getting any better. It’s an injustice to what could be a really good program again. It’s sumner county metro at its finest. 

Especially when the individual at the helm has an ego, unable to realize it’s him making the mistakes and losing games for his team…. Someone up above needs to act quick. 

2 hours ago, eers said:

…and it’s not getting any better. It’s an injustice to what could be a really good program again. It’s sumner county metro at its finest. 

That’s the best description I have heard 

53 minutes ago, MJGOLDENBEARS said:

Especially when the individual at the helm has an ego, unable to realize it’s him making the mistakes and losing games for his team…. Someone up above needs to act quick. 

I am wondering if the one who made this hire has an ego too and that is at the heart of the problem.  I don’t see a change in the near future.  I have enjoyed the Jackets games, in the very recent past, against Gallatin. The games against the Sumner schools are more enjoyable, IMHO, because of the passion of the fans.  Unfortunately, the MontCo schools don’t have near the passion at their games, sans Clarksville High.  

2 hours ago, TheCommissioner said:

That’s the best description I have heard 

I am wondering if the one who made this hire has an ego too and that is at the heart of the problem.  I don’t see a change in the near future.  I have enjoyed the Jackets games, in the very recent past, against Gallatin. The games against the Sumner schools are more enjoyable, IMHO, because of the passion of the fans.  Unfortunately, the MontCo schools don’t have near the passion at their games, sans Clarksville High.  

I know that’s right. We have three MontCo schools in our region. Hope with the reclass that’s not the case. 

On 9/10/2022 at 11:41 AM, thegreatone36 said:

It’s comical you are comparing West Creek to Station Camp. The Gallatin coaches, players, and community had that Station Camp game circled on their calendar for the past 365 days. There was no “playing down to their level” when Station Camp has surpassed the level that Gallatin was. Station Camp was running the ball all over Gallatin and besides two terrible thrown penalties it would’ve been 21-0 in the first half. Coaching is horrendous and kids don’t care anymore and don’t even know what they are doing. If that Gallatin team couldn’t come together to beat Station Camp who humiliated them on their field last year, then I don’t know how many more teams they will beat this year. 

2 hours ago, middletn said:

It’s comical you are comparing West Creek to Station Camp. The Gallatin coaches, players, and community had that Station Camp game circled on their calendar for the past 365 days. There was no “playing down to their level” when Station Camp has surpassed the level that Gallatin was. Station Camp was running the ball all over Gallatin and besides two terrible thrown penalties it would’ve been 21-0 in the first half. Coaching is horrendous and kids don’t care anymore and don’t even know what they are doing. If that Gallatin team couldn’t come together to beat Station Camp who humiliated them on their field last year, then I don’t know how many more teams they will beat this year. 

You are literally agreeing with most of what I'm saying and you don't even realize it. I am saying that Gallatin DID NOT look good against Station Camp, yet Station Camp doesn't have the same talent from top to bottom that Gallatin has. So then why did SC run all over them? It isn't because they are just bigger faster stronger. It's deeper than that. X's & O's not Jimmys & Joes. Maybe not fair to compare SC to West Creek I'll agree, but SC is somewhere in the middle of West Creek & MJ/Blackman. 

7 minutes ago, thegreatone36 said:

You are literally agreeing with most of what I'm saying and you don't even realize it. I am saying that Gallatin DID NOT look good against Station Camp, yet Station Camp doesn't have the same talent from top to bottom that Gallatin has. So then why did SC run all over them? It isn't because they are just bigger faster stronger. It's deeper than that. X's & O's not Jimmys & Joes. Maybe not fair to compare SC to West Creek I'll agree, but SC is somewhere in the middle of West Creek & MJ/Blackman. 

I'll agree to that, not enough coffee today