Battle on the Ridge: Dobyns-Bennett at West Ridge

TribalEmpire

19 hours ago, 83SouthRebel said:

There aren't many Ridgers on coacht. My opinions on this year's group are known.  I fear the game will be over after the 1st qtr. The Indians are too talented. I hope the young Wolves continue to get better each week to prepare for the future.

Do you think the Wolves even get by Willy B and Mo East to get that final Region 1 bid?

I just watched WR on YouTube vs Science Hill and they are coached like a little league team.. fair catching kickoffs, hard counts on freeze with no play  to run after they don’t jump offsides on the last drive at the half, and the army offense that is so outdated n predictable….. poor kids can’t be successful in that situation.. DB roll’s easily this week again!!! WR might beat WIlliam Blount.. but if they don’t they will be last in the region…

41 minutes ago, DBKPT93 said:

The real question is how hard will it be to get in the gates this week? How early do I need to get to the game to get in at a decent time?

Not sure if you have your tickets yet or not, but West Ridge tweeted out earlier this week that tickets won't be sold at the gate and once they sell out on GoFan, then that's it.  I don't think it will be hard to get in the gate, but it may be difficult finding a good seat if you aren't there by at least 6.

I don't know if this game will be as lopsided as everybody thinks. If DB plays as well as they did last week it will be an easy win. But last week was the first game they've looked good in. Was that a one off or have things finally come together?  Receivers are not running wide open now, but the defenders keep getting in trouble with their hands. So halfway there. They say this is a rivalry game so maybe that will make it closer. DB will most likely be overconfident and maybe looking ahead to next week. Alot of things could line up in West Ridges favor. I don't think West Ridge wins but could be a better game than most think. 

17 hours ago, DBKPT93 said:

The real question is how hard will it be to get in the gates this week? How early do I need to get to the game to get in at a decent time?

The biggest issue at West Ridge is parking. I suggest, if you have a ticket, to get there early to get a park. Next, the stadium seating is less than adequate IMHO. D-B's band will take nearly half of the visitor seating unless WR has added aux seating which is a very possible reality. 

14 hours ago, WaCoJaCo said:

I don't know if this game will be as lopsided as everybody thinks. If DB plays as well as they did last week it will be an easy win. But last week was the first game they've looked good in. Was that a one off or have things finally come together?  Receivers are not running wide open now, but the defenders keep getting in trouble with their hands. So halfway there. They say this is a rivalry game so maybe that will make it closer. DB will most likely be overconfident and maybe looking ahead to next week. Alot of things could line up in West Ridges favor. I don't think West Ridge wins but could be a better game than most think. 

All good points, you never know with teenagers what's going to happen. I want to believe that the staff at WR is playing for the future. I think the middle schools last year had good records. I also know that it was important to get the program off on a good footing last year and the team was heavy senior laden. I was told that the current group of Wolves didn't get to see a lot of playing time last year. I don't know if that's true or not. The games that I have attended this year were mistake prone. DB will not have a problem moving the ball thru the air in my opinion. As far as this game being a rivalry, it is simply because of the closeness of the schools and communities. A lot of kids know each other, have probably played with each other at some part in their lives, etc. I hope this contest becomes a competitive rivalry because I think it helps everyone get better, time will tell. Hope everyone traveling to and from the game has a safe trip and I hope the Wolves pull the mother of all shockers and that both teams come out healthy. 

16 hours ago, WaCoJaCo said:

I'm with you on this just because I think the Wolves will get up for this game (and possibly Tennessee High) more than any other.  My daughter actually goes to West Ridge since we live in Blountville and hates D-B, Lol.  

West Ridge considers us a rival, but talking with a few of the Indian basketball players, we don't consider them one.... yet.  Which makes sense because I believe it was Spurrier who once upon a time in commenting on the Florida-Georgia rivalry said "They consider us a rival, but they're not a rival to us.  They have to beat us a few times first before they're a rival to us."

I spoke with West Ridge student section at the Arby's classic last year and after noticing their vitriol toward Tennessee High, asked if they hated us worse or Tennessee High, and they said most definitely Tennessee High.  Not sure what caused all that unless it was the Witcher kid transferring, but anyways... long post just to say I agree with you and that I am pulling for the Wolves every week besides this one.  I'll go with:

Indians 35

Wolves 14

26 minutes ago, WestWolvesRidge said:

35 7 indians with under 5 left in the 2nd quarter. West Ridge is fundamentally bad. Can't tackle and calls the most basic play calling. DB is playing very sloppy with the penalties. West Ridge has got more first downs from DB penalties. 

Fundamentally bad? Then I guess DB is fundamentally worse. Every score DB has, has been off a big play. West Ridge intercepted a pass and returned it for a TD. West Ridge has pushed DB's defense up and down the field. Scoring again at the end of the half. 35-14. West ridge has 14 first downs, 6 of those off of DB penalties. DB 8 penalties for 85 yards just in the first half. DB scored twice off of WR fumbles deep in their own territory. Take those two fumbles away and this is a one score game at the half. WR has run 37 plays to DB's 14. Dobyns Bennett is not a very well coached team. West Ridge is not out of this one. 

Edited by WaCoJaCo

40 minutes ago, WaCoJaCo said:

Fundamentally bad? Then I guess DB is fundamentally worse. Every score DB has, has been off a big play. West Ridge intercepted a pass and returned it for a TD. West Ridge has pushed DB's defense up and down the field. Scoring again at the end of the half. 35-14. West ridge has 14 first downs, 6 of those off of DB penalties. DB 8 penalties for 85 yards just in the first half. DB scored twice off of WR fumbles deep in their own territory. Take those two fumbles away and this is a one score game at the half. WR has run 37 plays to DB's 14. Dobyns Bennett is not a very well coached team. West Ridge is not out of this one. 

49 14 end of the 3rd quarter. West Ridge was in fact out of this one