Battle on the Ridge: Dobyns-Bennett at West Ridge

TribalEmpire

43 minutes ago, WaCoJaCo said:

Fundamentally bad? Then I guess DB is fundamentally worse. Every score DB has, has been off a big play. West Ridge intercepted a pass and returned it for a TD. West Ridge has pushed DB's defense up and down the field. Scoring again at the end of the half. 35-14. West ridge has 14 first downs, 6 of those off of DB penalties. DB 8 penalties for 85 yards just in the first half. DB scored twice off of WR fumbles deep in their own territory. Take those two fumbles away and this is a one score game at the half. WR has run 37 plays to DB's 14. Dobyns Bennett is not a very well coached team. West Ridge is not out of this one. 

DB is very undisciplined, well coached teams don't have the amount of penalties they do week in and week out. It will hurt them at some point, WR just doesn't have the team.

On a different note though, DB is up 49-14 in the 4th and still has the starters in. I'm sure the Wolves will remember that.

1 hour ago, KPTwrestlingfan said:

DB is very undisciplined, well coached teams don't have the amount of penalties they do week in and week out. It will hurt them at some point, WR just doesn't have the team.

On a different note though, DB is up 49-14 in the 4th and still has the starters in. I'm sure the Wolves will remember that.

DB with 15 penalties for 150 yards tonight. We all know about the penalty problem. But this is just downright embarrassing. 

Edited by WaCoJaCo

8 minutes ago, blazer1set said:

Boone had at least 10 false starts tonight, it's not that many yards but what a momentum killer.    But we both have to take the "W" and be happy

Wow! I just saw that Boone - Morristown West score. 38 -7.  You guys might want to start moving some trophies around in that trophy case. You might need some room for the "Big One"

3 minutes ago, WaCoJaCo said:

Wow! I just saw that Boone - Morristown West score. 38 -7.  You guys might want to start moving some trophies around in that trophy case. You might need some room for the "Big One"

Morristown West has a good team and they are going to win some games.   Tonight just wasn't their night, they made 2 crucial mistakes right before halftime and got totally out of their game plan.    But even without that Boone would have won this game.      Looks like DB is way better than anyone thought, but that many yards in penalties is going to bite at some point, same for us.

43 minutes ago, WBNC83 said:

West Ridge fans will be happy to hear that William Blount is awful.  So there’s an upcoming win for the Wolves after the rough season they’ve had so far.

That West Ridge and Willy B game will be the worst game of all time. They should charge free admission to watch that atrocity on the Ridge. 

My thoughts.... We're better than we played tonight. As Waco said too many penalties and I was in the bathroom on the pick six but I heard that Carson basically threw it right to the West Ridge guy. Probably should've had at least 70 tonight but ended with 56. 

West Ridge is awful. Really really bad. They're worse than what they scored tonight. Should've been shut out. If they played any decent Southwest Virginia teams I'm not sure they beat them. 

26 minutes ago, TribalEmpire said:

My thoughts.... We're better than we played tonight. As Waco said too many penalties and I was in the bathroom on the pick six but I heard that Carson basically threw it right to the West Ridge guy. Probably should've had at least 70 tonight but ended with 56. 

West Ridge is awful. Really really bad. They're worse than what they scored tonight. Should've been shut out. If they played any decent Southwest Virginia teams I'm not sure they beat them. 

West Ridge is really bad. But on top of that all of last year's starters were seniors at every position. So that double whammy of inexperience and poor on the field play  has really hurt this team as well as the pee wee level offensive play calling 

Edited by WestWolvesRidge
  • Like 1