LENOIR CITY @ OAK RIDGE HOMECOMING

bonkers

34 minutes ago, catswild said:

This might be true but it's hard to take you very seriously anymore after you issued those two shirts after the Farragut game

c'mon Cats ole Bounder pays for those shirts himself and then takes the time to present them in person to the player.  The kids love it, it's just a kind gesture that the players really appreciate.  Sometimes we are so bad it's not a matter of who played well, I think the FHS game was a matter of who played best of the worst.  lol. 

6 hours ago, oridgecat said:

c'mon Cats ole Bounder pays for those shirts himself and then takes the time to present them in person to the player.  The kids love it, it's just a kind gesture that the players really appreciate.  Sometimes we are so bad it's not a matter of who played well, I think the FHS game was a matter of who played best of the worst.  lol. 

I completely agree that the kids love the shirts and I'm glad that bounder presents them to the players. But my point is that if he gives them out no matter how good or bad someone plays, then that diminishes the value of the shirt. This is an opinion board and my opinion is that nobody deserved a shirt, at least not that shirt, after the Farragut game. If I was playing high school football, I would love to get that shirt! But after the Farragut game, the only shirt that an OR player should've gotten is one that says "I GOT MINE WHIPPED".  But in this instance, the only opinion that matters is bounder's...he's paying for the shirts and giving them out...and the players love them. I just want them to be relevant.

5 hours ago, WillieTheWildcats said:

My philosophy is anything you can do to support the players, coaches and program you should do it. If somebody don't like it then screwball them.

Bounder, you know you are a true Wildcat fan from top to bottom.

Nobody said bounder wasn't a true fan. I just think if you give everyone an award, especially those who don't deserve an award, then the award is diminished...or it loses its value. You can disagree with me if you want and "screwball me" if you want...but I have an opinion just like yours, but I don't wish to "screwball" your opinion. But according to your philosophy, you might as well give everyone on the team a shirt, or an award, so as to not hurt anyone's feelings. But if I had been given that shirt after the Farragut game, even though I desperately would have wanted one...I would've respectfully declined the shirt and hoped I got won after a win. But I actually do appreciate the fact that bounder gives out the shirts...

7 minutes ago, catswild said:

Nobody said bounder wasn't a true fan. I just think if you give everyone an award, especially those who don't deserve an award, then the award is diminished...or it loses its value. You can disagree with me if you want and "screwball me" if you want...but I have an opinion just like yours, but I don't wish to "screwball" your opinion. But according to your philosophy, you might as well give everyone on the team a shirt, or an award, so as to not hurt anyone's feelings. But if I had been given that shirt after the Farragut game, even though I desperately would have wanted one...I would've respectfully declined the shirt and hoped I got won after a win. But I actually do appreciate the fact that bounder gives out the shirts...

You put words in my mouth that are really just your opinion. I never said a word about people's feelings. I'm glad you do appreciate what Bounder does since any Wildcat fan should. Have a good week,

Catswild you'd ###### if they hung you with a new rope. Who I give a shirt to doesn't always mean they did or didn't have a good game that night. Those kids have been busting their tails all season, thus the shirt. It's none of your business but I didn't give out shirts last Friday night.So I guess I'll go back to keeping it between me and the players.

Thanks for the kind words Willie and oridgecat.

WILDCAT PRIDE

• Like 1

Its crazy all the awful takes on 13.It wasnt him that got ejected.The 1st ejection had absolutely nothing to do with him being mad about touches.It was a bogus call from the worst officials I can remember having in a long time.But the next week 13 was the one who ask coach if he could address the team and blamed himself for the loss.He was the biggest cheerleader that night.Ive seen him be nothing but a great teammate and play both ways.Im bias because he is my neighbor but Ive never heard a bad word about him.He is not the kind of kid that is going to be selfish and care about his touches.He loves Oak Ridge and wants to win.Ive not talked to him in about a week or more but he loves the staff and has said nothing but good things about them.13 will  be fine and make some huge plays for us down the stretch.And I forgot who it was whining about what Scott has said or not said about the players.He goes on about 22 like he is the best RB he has ever seen.He has went on and on about 7 and how great he is on and off field.He has gushed over 13 and how great of a teammate and player he is.Somebody must have an agenda or dont watch the coaches show or interviews because he is always going on about these kids.He talked so great about them he had catswild talking bout 10-0 and best skill guys ever.Anyway Im getting back to my vacation and will be ready to get back to da ridge for the Powell game.RWR

• Like 2

On 9/17/2022 at 9:18 PM, Rwrbigcat said:

It’s hard to say pass game issues when the avg passing stats is 10 attempts per game. That number has to increase. To be a leader you have to stay on the field. I believe 33 is definitely a leader on d and for the first time before he got hurt, the first few drives, 2 was walking down the sideline telling everyone good job and saw him making sure he went to high five the lineman under the tent. He hasn’t lit up the scoreboard every week, but I was glad to see that. 7 is also a huge leader on and off the field. It was great to have him back in the lineup last night. If these senior guys can make sure to keep their teammates up, and we get healthy it will be special. I believe the best we will do with this kind offense looking at Halls, Cleveland, and even West is at most a 70 run and 30 pass percentage. Of course until last night it was more like 85-15. We have to get the quick screens, the slants, posts and even the go balls back into the offense like the first week. We have thrown very few since week one, until one drive last night. Hoping for the best! 

I dont think anybody could justify passing more right now.Have you seen 22 and 7 run the ball? Maybe when Rogers,Williams and Cummings return we can pass more but right now it would be crazy.Right now 13 is the only game changer at WR and with a struggling QB and Oline passing more seems like the last thing we should do.I think it will be a really good balance when all the WRs get back.Thats why week 1 looked better and could run more plays.We gonna too many weapons to just concentrate on 13.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, STILLNUM1 said:

Its crazy all the awful takes on 13.It wasnt him that got ejected.The 1st ejection had absolutely nothing to do with him being mad about touches.It was a bogus call from the worst officials I can remember having in a long time.But the next week 13 was the one who ask coach if he could address the team and blamed himself for the loss.He was the biggest cheerleader that night.Ive seen him be nothing but a great teammate and play both ways.Im bias because he is my neighbor but Ive never heard a bad word about him.He is not the kind of kid that is going to be selfish and care about his touches.He loves Oak Ridge and wants to win.Ive not talked to him in about a week or more but he loves the staff and has said nothing but good things about them.13 will  be fine and make some huge plays for us down the stretch.And I forgot who it was whining about what Scott has said or not said about the players.He goes on about 22 like he is the best RB he has ever seen.He has went on and on about 7 and how great he is on and off field.He has gushed over 13 and how great of a teammate and player he is.Somebody must have an agenda or dont watch the coaches show or interviews because he is always going on about these kids.He talked so great about them he had catswild talking bout 10-0 and best skill guys ever.Anyway Im getting back to my vacation and will be ready to get back to da ridge for the Powell game.RWR

Bingo.  Spot on StillNum.

9 hours ago, STILLNUM1 said:

I dont think anybody could justify passing more right now.Have you seen 22 and 7 run the ball? Maybe when Rogers,Williams and Cummings return we can pass more but right now it would be crazy.Right now 13 is the only game changer at WR and with a struggling QB and Oline passing more seems like the last thing we should do.I think it will be a really good balance when all the WRs get back.Thats why week 1 looked better and could run more plays.We gonna too many weapons to just concentrate on 13.

Nailed it again.  I agree 100

• Like 1

On 9/19/2022 at 10:36 PM, bounder said:

Catswild you'd ###### if they hung you with a new rope. Who I give a shirt to doesn't always mean they did or didn't have a good game that night. Those kids have been busting their tails all season, thus the shirt. It's none of your business but I didn't give out shirts last Friday night.So I guess I'll go back to keeping it between me and the players.

WILDCAT PRIDE

The shirts are a good thing and thanks to you Bounder for doing it for the kids. It makes it fun for them to get one and after having a good game too. Like I told you Brian Kelly could get a charter shirt for the season. 

On 9/19/2022 at 10:36 PM, bounder said:

WILDCAT PRIDE

You are a little sensitive my friend. I'm glad you give the shirts out and the players love them...but I think you de-value them when you give them out after a bad loss or to someone who didn't play a good game. I wouldn't want one after a loss because I'm more about the team than about getting an award after a loss...but that's just me. And you're right...it's none of my business just like my opinion is none of your business. 

Thanks for the kind words Willie...I need them to feel good about myself

RWR!