Clay County @ Westmoreland

OldTownRoad

1 hour ago, Mr. Postman1 said:

Would you all say clay co is a pass first run type team? They had an exceptional freshman qb last year that I’m sure has even improved from them 

Celina has three exceptional qbs. Starting qb is a senior. He was injured most of last year. About 60/40 run but loaded with play makers with speed. 

1 hour ago, Mr. Postman1 said:

Would you all say clay co is a pass first run type team? They had an exceptional freshman qb last year that I’m sure has even improved from them 

They are definitely run first behind a big bruising physical QB and RB. They run more of a read option now and it’s been effective so far, but they really haven’t played anybody yet with a decent defense that changes Friday! The soph. backup QB your referring to is now a WR and has already made some big plays from that position. The biggest difference from last year is Clay is coached way better than last year when they out-coached Westy with that Jake Johnson kid leading them. Clay should win this one by 13 or so even on the road. Westmorelands D is good and everything but they just can’t figure out how to beat little ole Celina and I don’t see that changing this week. It’s weird Westy beat a solid 4a Portland team and will struggle with tiny 1a Celina. 

I know one thing... The way Kooper Perry flew to the ball and the way he made some open field tackles last night he would be starting on special teams and knocking on the door for some playing time... I know it was just a JV game and varsity is different but you can't teach the mentality he has! 

37 minutes ago, Fatshady said:

I have been looking forward to this game for a while.  The Eagles will win this game.  They are Game Tested.  By the way, Portland  is undefeated in 5A after the Westmoreland loss.  They are not a 4A Team.   Defense wins Championships.  Go Eagles.

That will make it even worse beat a 5A team then lose to a 1A team for the 3rd straight year. 

7 minutes ago, Doug said:

Good to see that confidence. We'll find out Friday night. Westmoreland imo is undervalued at 3-2. 

I know It will be a really good game just like it has the past 4 years with every game being a one score difference. Its become somewhat of a rivalry and definitely helped these seniors for Clay grow up playing a physical team. I just hope both teams get out healthy…in the grand scheme of things it means absolutely nothing except bragging rights. 

21 hours ago, TheTruthHurts22 said:

They are definitely run first behind a big bruising physical QB and RB. They run more of a read option now and it’s been effective so far, but they really haven’t played anybody yet with a decent defense that changes Friday! The soph. backup QB your referring to is now a WR and has already made some big plays from that position. The biggest difference from last year is Clay is coached way better than last year when they out-coached Westy with that Jake Johnson kid leading them. Clay should win this one by 13 or so even on the road. Westmorelands D is good and everything but they just can’t figure out how to beat little ole Celina and I don’t see that changing this week. It’s weird Westy beat a solid 4a Portland team and will struggle with tiny 1a Celina. 

Clay definitely has earned the right to talk some trash in this one. Let’s see if the eagles can make them eat some crow