Anderson County vs. Elizabethan

MAVERICK1995

We have to play well this is the Elizabethton we all know. They are at the top of the mountain right now one of the best teams in the state. I know Davey will have us ready to run through a brick wall. We have to come with the right mind set. One game at a time, one brick at a time. Nobody will have it better then us if we take care of US.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, lawnman said:

Great post!!

You know Rider had a similar game in 98 in the semis against Maryville when we only had 5 classes and inexplicably Maryville was in 4A. Having both of his grandkids a jr an sr those boys left it all on the field to win a State Championship for the Man who meant everything to them and molded them into the men they later became. 
Cyclones led the whole way on the road on a cold wet night only to loose on a 75yrd trick play with under a minute to play and Maryville with no timeouts. . Although Jason came back with another loss in the semis to Knox Central. I CANNOT imagine the utter devastation Rider and the Boys felt after being a play or 2 away at Maryville from delivering a State Championship to the Man they both loved and respected so much. Of course Rider retired the next season but i can’t help but think he carried the ghosts of Lynn Goddard to his grave. 

7 minutes ago, IPOPU2022 said:

You know Rider had a similar game in 98 in the semis against Maryville when we only had 5 classes and inexplicably Maryville was in 4A. Having both of his grandkids a jr an sr those boys left it all on the field to win a State Championship for the Man who meant everything to them and molded them into the men they later became. 
Cyclones led the whole way on the road on a cold wet night only to loose on a 75yrd trick play with under a minute to play and Maryville with no timeouts. . Although Jason came back with another loss in the semis to Knox Central. I CANNOT imagine the utter devastation Rider and the Boys felt after being a play or 2 away at Maryville from delivering a State Championship to the Man they both loved and respected so much. Of course Rider retired the next season but i can’t help but think he carried the ghosts of Lynn Goddard to his grave. 

Great Post! A lot of history being discussed in this thread. Great info!

8 minutes ago, MAVERICK1995 said:

AC 49  Betty 7 running clock 2nd half.

AC QB 5 TD passes 

AC RB 2TD

Can’t wait to hear the excuses from the Betty fans…..

No excuses. Other than its clearly a down year for us and by all accounts you should beat us. It's a lose lose situation for you all. Where were you the 3 years we made it to state? Oh yeah..silent. 

• Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, MAVERICK1995 said:

AC QB 5 TD passes 

AC RB 2TD

Have not posted in years but could not resist to reply on this one. The only people I have heard making excuses over the last years is you.  If we had this, if we done that, if we , if we, if we,   You still have no gold ball and mark it down you will not have one this year,  

• Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, woodby30 said:

Have not posted in years but could not resist to reply on this one. The only people I have heard making excuses over the last years is you.  If we had this, if we done that, if we , if we, if we,   You still have no gold ball and mark it down you will not have one this year,  

Preach it Brother 

1 hour ago, MAVERICK1995 said:

AC QB 5 TD passes 

AC RB 2TD

No excuses from me! This is yall's year, we are down a little, so you guys should beat us. If you don't, then I guess you weren't as good as you thought you were. A 42 point beatdown and a running clock, I doubt that very much. But good luck to you guys anyway, even though it's obvious you won't need it.

1 hour ago, woodby30 said:

Calm down Woody. Lol  95 is good fan like me. We get carried away. We will still have to play Greeneville even if we win through, anyway it goes. My excitement and 95 is encouraging that we at least have some fans on Coacht. But I wish the best for Elizabethton and injury free game. Remember when Greeneville comes along in playoffs we all need to knock them Out! Because I am still :hungry:

3 hours ago, IPOPU2022 said:

I remember that game well because I was sitting there at the 40 yard line and when Shawn scored with little over a minute left in the game me and my brother in law were celebrating but it didn’t last long because of that trick play.If I remember right Shawn thought there player stepped out of bounds on that play.I can only imagine how Rider and the players felt because I was about ready to cry…lol