Anderson County vs. Elizabethan

MAVERICK1995

4 hours ago, IPOPU2022 said:

Hey brother. . Tell us about this Kid. Oh the Days of watching Ethan Thomas toting the rock. 

I do remember the days of Ethan Thomas and that kid was fun to watch.This freshman is going to be fun to watch as well.His name is Jaiden Wallin and in the JV games I have seen him play he has been unstoppable.I believe they want him to get more experience but it would be fun to see what he could do on Friday nights.He is number 40.

7 hours ago, lawnman said:

I do remember the days of Ethan Thomas and that kid was fun to watch.This freshman is going to be fun to watch as well.His name is Jaiden Wallin and in the JV games I have seen him play he has been unstoppable.I believe they want him to get more experience but it would be fun to see what he could do on Friday nights.He is number 40.

I moved outta town several years ago but i remember Thomas was a heck of a Rb as a Sophomore. Sounds like this Kid has a lot of potential to make an immediate impact next season. I’ll check his JV games out on utube. I’m an 82 grad. Rider was really hitting his stride that season. That SH game a win 7-0 was epic. My brother #6 started at left corner. Jimmy Richmond and John Meredith were absolute beasts on D. Fond Memories in Brown Childress. 

19 minutes ago, IPOPU2022 said:

I moved outta town several years ago but i remember Thomas was a heck of a Rb as a Sophomore. Sounds like this Kid has a lot of potential to make an immediate impact next season. I’ll check his JV games out on utube. I’m an 82 grad. Rider was really hitting his stride that season. That SH game a win 7-0 was epic. My brother #6 started at left corner. Jimmy Richmond and John Meredith were absolute beasts on D. Fond Memories in Brown Childress. 

I’m and 85 grad. and I remember Jimmy and John and got to be good friends with Coach Rider.Actually road with Coach Rider and John Holsclaw to some games after he retired.Great times that I will never forget.

11 hours ago, lawnman said:

I’m and 85 grad. and I remember Jimmy and John and got to be good friends with Coach Rider.Actually road with Coach Rider and John Holsclaw to some games after he retired.Great times that I will never forget.

Good Times for you too brother. . 
You’re blessed to have shared the rarified air with both of those 2 Cyclone Legends. . I still have fond memories of having the legendary Coach Goodard in a Sociology Class and Coach Perkins and Hathaway in PE. They were Rider’s primary Assistants in the Football Program. . Great Men and Mentors. 
On a side note Coach Goodard was a Huge bass fisherman and knowing i was from Stoney Creek asked me if i could catch him some “creek lizards”. 
I said yes and brought a metal minnow bucket to school with about 45-50 salamanders I’d caught myself over the weekend in water with a little moss. 
He looked in the bucket and said “I’m proud of you Boy”.  . And there on I’d keep him well supplied. At the time i wasn’t aware of his accomplishments at Unaka during the 50’s (Their football field is still named after Him) Nor that he coached the Cyclones during the 72 Season when they were ranked ‘#2 behind Tn High who was # 1 nationally. 
Reviewing the Game the Cyclones had the ball on the TH 4yd Line with less than a minute to go to Win but came up Short. . I didn’t realize it at the time or id have been A lot more empathetic  to Coach Goddard. They have told me that losing that  Game “broke him” and that he was Never the Same Since. 
I really wish I’d have been sympathetic to that Man when i had him in my class as a Senior. People sometimes overlooked Goddard. He ran the football program until we were blessed to find Coach Rider. Losing that game paved the way because it was noted he was chain smoking pall mall’s before, during, and certainly after the Game of the Century. I understand that he resigned in 75 after a mediocre season stating “My heart just isn’t in it anymore”He was another Cyclone and Ranger Legend and Should have Been Treated as Such. 
Sad that i personally didn’t respect the Man as much as I should have at the time and asked him about his coaching career. 

Edited by IPOPU2022

22 minutes ago, IPOPU2022 said:

Good Times for you too brother. . 
You’re blessed to have shared the ratified air with both of those 2 Cyclone Legends. . I still have fond memories of having the legendary Coach Goodard in a Sociology Class and Coach Perkins and Hathaway in PE. They were Rider’s primary Assistants in the Football Program. . Great Men and Mentors. 
On a side note Coach Goodard was a Huge bass fisherman and knowing i was from Stoney Creek asked me if i could catch him some “creek lizards”. 
I said yes and brought a metal minnow bucket to school with about 45-50 salamanders I’d caught myself over the weekend in water with a little moss. 
He looked in the bucket and said “I’m proud of you Boy”.  . And there on I’d keep him well supplied. At the time i wasn’t aware of his accomplishments at Unaka during the 50’s (Their football field is still named after Him) Nor that he coached the Cyclones during the 72 Season when they were ranked ‘#2 behind Tn High who was # 1 nationally. 
Reviewing the Game the Cyclones had the ball on the TH 4yd Line with less than a minute to go to Win but came up Short. . I didn’t realize it at the time or id have been A lot more sympathetic to Coach Goddard. They have told me that losing that  Game “broke him” and that he was Never the Same Since. 
I really wish I’d have been sympathetic to that Man when i had him in my class as a Senior. . He was another Cyclone and Ranger Legend and Should have Been Treated as Such. 
Sad that i personally didn’t respect the Man as much as I should have. 

Great post!!

On 9/19/2022 at 9:28 PM, Mavericksinflight said:

I am not blowing any smoke. Mavs better be ready. Down right tired of eating my words. Betsy has always been mostly positive with post even when I have been arrogant. No arrogancy this year...Until we beat Greeneville.

Boy if you don't like cow bells may not want to go. I think Besty uses them too. :rolleyes:

We will coach! Nobody!