Mcminn Central Chargers vs Meigs County Tigers

RichyRich

GGs. The boys have earned it tonight. Congratulations to Fitz and staff for the big W against the Chargers!

For the record,I like my crow served with a side of peas and corn. Throw in some Viennas, Ramen and an old Mr. Pibb as well. 

Enjoyed the banter this week.  See you guys next season. Good luck the rest of the way. 

Be safe going home.  

Edited by catchnburn
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 9/22/2022 at 10:55 AM, housemouse said:

Meigs wins this one. Fitz' experience and IQ will bring an end to the Central winning streak. I expect the Charger offense to stall this game. It will be a defensive struggle tom nite. 

Q1    Q2    Q3     Q4     Final

Meigs             0       6       0        7          13

Central          0        7      3        0          10

*And that 9-1 Central team quickly changes to 4-6 or 5-5. Only chance is Rockwood after this game.

I was close.....good game. Good on catchnburn for coming back. This was a fun thread. As it would be. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, catchnburn said:

GGs. The boys have earned it tonight. Congratulations to Fitz and staff for the big W against the Chargers!

For the record,I like my crow served with a side of peas and corn. Throw in some Viennas, Ramen and an old Mr. Pibb as well. 

Enjoyed the banter this week.  See you guys next season. Good luck the rest of the way. 

Be safe going home.  

:thumb:

No comment 

I just don't understand it. Couldn't get out of their own way tonight. Central was victim to TERRIBLE officiating. Shame cause there are good dudes on that crew but the new guys are knuckleheads. Completed pass called incomplete. Touchdown called back on an RPO play. Calling one sided personal fouls. None on Meigs after the whistle BS. I had a feeling Fitzgerald would win this though. He is a great coach. 

Momentum is gone now. Hope they get the boys focused back on the region. Doesn't get easier.

Just now, gecko said:

I have to agree there

They can get going again. Tonight was just a speed bump. Central had alot not to their way tonight. Turnovers and penalties. Team sports have that element. Control of the game isn't always in your hands. Outcomes can be decided by officials with an axe to grind. 

Fitz just has our number. Region is still in play. I ain't giving up on them. 

18 minutes ago, catchnburn said:

They can get going again. Tonight was just a speed bump. Central had alot not to their way tonight. Turnovers and penalties. Team sports have that element. Control of the game isn't always in your hands. Outcomes can be decided by officials with an axe to grind. 

Fitz just has our number. Region is still in play. I ain't giving up on them. 

Nether team had a turnover tonight which is pretty good for a high school game.

1 hour ago, catchnburn said:

Be safe going home.  

Well ole boy your week long of bragging and blowing has come to a crashing halt. It was never even a close ballgame. And  we held you to a 7 spot with Our Stud Linebacker out with a bad wheel! 

25 minutes ago, Tigerbomb said:

Well ole boy your week long of bragging and blowing has come to a crashing halt. It was never even a close ballgame. And  we held you to a 7 spot with Our Stud Linebacker out with a bad wheel! 

never even close? It was a 7 point game literally the entire game. Penalties took 2 central tds off the board or you lose. Not even close. Get that BS outta here..Polk names there score next week. 

Here is my take. Moody has done a tremendous job with this program in 2 short years. 
Central scored tonight in meigs for the first time in many years. Central had a play called back that could have been game changing but that is part of the game. 
Meigs proved tonight that they are improving week to week and played without our senior all region middle linebacker tonight. 

if central can regroup this week from the devastating of being dominated on the line then they should be ok. 
They will be playing for 2nd place cause Sweetwater is by far better than Central 

Meigs needs some teams to lose and catch a break and they’ll be in the running for a 2 seed. 

be interesting to see how the season plays out for both teams 

if anyone thinks next year is going to be different we only lose about 5 players