Cland vs Cosby

THE KING

Highlanders are back at it as we travel to take on old eagle and his troops.  Cosby has improved from last year and I think this could be a competitive game. Cosby and unaka closely resemble each other and we didn't exactly beat the brakes off unaka.  We'll have to establish the line of scrimmage and keep the ball for most of the game.  The key will be to get pressure on the qb and not give him time because those receivers will catch the ball. Our wins over Cosby have come from a dominant run game.  Can we do it again?

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, THE KING said:

Highlanders are back at it as we travel to take on old eagle and his troops.  Cosby has improved from last year and I think this could be a competitive game. Cosby and unaka closely resemble each other and we didn't exactly beat the brakes off unaka.  We'll have to establish the line of scrimmage and keep the ball for most of the game.  The key will be to get pressure on the qb and not give him time because those receivers will catch the ball. Our wins over Cosby have come from a dominant run game.  Can we do it again?

Mercy

11 hours ago, RodgerDodger32 said:

NG JV beat Cloudland JV 44-12…. Not sure what to think about that. Cloudland may have kept some younger kids out that play a lot on Friday’s. NG has a good young group so will be interesting to see the next two or three years 

Cloudland has alot of younger kids playing varsity but the freshman class is hurting really bad for athletes.  We'll have a tough 3 or 4 year stretch after next season.  

11 minutes ago, old24eagle said:

You gonna make it down to Cosby Friday? Its gonna be a fun atmosphere on the Hill Friday night.

Do you think you can compete this year OleEagle. Cloudland is not the team they were last season but they still play Cloudland Football. They'll play hard and Physical. 

Just now, pujo said:

Do you think you can compete this year OleEagle. Cloudland is not the team they were last season but they still play Cloudland Football. They'll play hard and Physical. 

We know they will be physical! Thats Cloudland football, has been forever. We are better than last year for sure. Had 9 of 11 starters last year who had never played. Got em all back with a years experience and a good spring and summer under their belt. It will be a good game friday I do believe.

3 minutes ago, old24eagle said:

We know they will be physical! Thats Cloudland football, has been forever. We are better than last year for sure. Had 9 of 11 starters last year who had never played. Got em all back with a years experience and a good spring and summer under their belt. It will be a good game friday I do believe.

Could be a really good game if you can slow their running game or either score with um.

3 hours ago, pujo said:

Ton of Jr's ,next years team should be pretty good. Think only 3 Seniors.

Next year we'll be better overall then it's going to be tough sailing for a few seasons.  We might find some weapons somewhere or just build a line so powerful that you and me could set rushing records