Meigs at Polk County 9/30/22

Yeti

Polk looked pretty strong earlier in the year and looked to have sputtered some since. Meigs had a slow start to the season but seem to have gotten it together mid-season as projected. Both teams play similar style offense and I'd give a nod to Meigs on defense. Polk always plays us hard when Davis is the coach and I'd bet this year would be no different. Any Polk posters have a take on the game?

Polk has dealt with injuries in Central game and hasn't been too healthy since. I believe they will be firing on all cylinders Friday. This should be "game of the week." Good luck to both teams and coaches. Should be a fun, physical football game. Two great coaches matching wits. This one will be real close. I think Polk wins in a tight low scoring affair. 

Polk 19

Meigs 14

17 minutes ago, housemouse said:

Polk has dealt with injuries in Central game and hasn't been too healthy since. I believe they will be firing on all cylinders Friday. This should be "game of the week." Good luck to both teams and coaches. Should be a fun, physical football game. Two great coaches matching wits. This one will be real close. I think Polk wins in a tight low scoring affair. 

Polk 19

Meigs 14

I will be shocked if Polk holds Meigs to 14

5 hours ago, housemouse said:

Polk 19

Meigs 14

Well how about that. Another projected Meigs loss. 
We have dealt with Injuries ourselves. Our All State/ All region LB/FB has been out. Also a starter on the line. Hopefully they will be back soon. Either way I’m calling the upset and Meigs wins! Something like 35-10

8 hours ago, housemouse said:

Polk 19

Meigs 14

I always feel disappointed after a Polk game when Davis is the coach. He's good at slowing down whatever offense we normally throw at him. That said I believe we win 21-7. Our run defense is pretty good and our offense is alot better than it was earlier in the season. Hope the rain waits for us to finish before it hammers down.

8 minutes ago, Yeti said:

I always feel disappointed after a Polk game when Davis is the coach. He's good at slowing down whatever offense we normally throw at him. That said I believe we win 21-7. Our run defense is pretty good and our offense is alot better than it was earlier in the season. Hope the rain waits for us to finish before it hammers down.

Eggs over Yolk.