East Hamilton, Tullahoma, Lawrence County, J. Lawson (Hillwood), Glencliff

4A to 3A

Scott, Chattanooga Central, Pearl Cohn, McNairy, Liberty, Melrose, Wooddale

4A to 2A

Milan

3A to 4A

Northview Academy, Loudon, Signal Mountain, White House, Millington, Bolton

3A to 2A

West Greene, Cannon Co., Smith Co., Jackson Co., Waverly, Sheffield, Memphis Business Academy

2A to 3A

Meigs Co., Tyner, Watertown, Whites Creek, Cascade, Scotts Hill, Westview

Cherokee and West Greene going down in classification will be good for those teams. All teams getting out of 5A, 6A, and 3A will be better for it. Knoxville area teams pretty much run those classifications. Westview going to 3A will be tough along with those other teams. Westview should of gone to 4A instead of dealing with Alcoa imo. 

On 10/2/2022 at 10:31 AM, stacmot said:

I posted this in the West Tennessee Enrollment thread in the 1A-2A forum, but I didn’t get any response.  I know it didn’t belong in the 1A-2A forum, but I didn’t want to start another enrollment thread.  Now that there is one in the 3A-4A forum, I’ve moved my post here.

I’m primarily interested in how y’all think Regions 6, 7, 8 might line up with 4A reclassification. 

I've ranked the Division 1 West Tennessee football teams from the lowest enrollment to the highest.  Class 4A doesn't look like it's going to have many rural West Tennessee teams to divide up between Regions 6 and 7.  Dyer County will likely be moved to 7-4A.  Will Millington and Bolton be moved to 7-4A or 8-4A?  With McNairy and Liberty dropping to 3A, will North Side be moved to 6-4A in an effort to balance things out?  Will Fayette Ware stay in 8-4A or be moved to 6-4A or 7-4A .  A lot of questions…any thoughts?  I’d also like to hear some thoughts concerning 3A in West Tennessee.

Gleason

Greenfield

South Fulton

Hollow Rock-Bruceton

Lake Co. 

Humboldt

West Carroll

Middleton

B.T. Washington

Memphis Middle College

Dresden

Westwood

Halls

Union City

McKenzie

Manassas

MASE

Hillcrest

Oakhaven

MLK Prep

Mitchell

Huntingdon

Fairley

Peabody

Jackson Central-Merry

Adamsville

Gibson Co.

Decatur Co. Riverside 

KIPP Memphis

Bluff City

Freedom Prep

Camden

Memphis Business Academy

Milan

Sheffield

Trezevant

Liberty Tech

Westview

Scotts Hill

Memphis East

Frederick Douglass

Ripley

Wooddale

McNairy Central

Hamilton 

Dyersburg

Bolivar Central

Melrose

Covington 

Raleigh Egypt

Bolton

Obion Co. Central

Craigmont

South Gibson

South Side

Fayette-Ware

Haywood

Chester Co.

Millington

Ridgeway

Kirby 

North Side

Crockett Co. 

Lexington

Hardin Co. 

Dyer Co.

Brighton

Munford

Memphis Central 

Kingsbury

Henry Co. 

Overton

Southwind

Whitehaven

Germantown 

White Station

Houston

Arlington

Cordova

Bartlett

Collierville

I don't know anything about West Tennessee except seeing them lose in the playoffs in 3A-6A every year. Maybe yall are good in 1A and 2A, but I dont really watch those two

On 10/2/2022 at 8:22 PM, Throwdeslant said:

I think Alcoa moves to 4A next reclassification cycle. However, it is very possible that our AD decides to go ahead and bump up depending on the region setup per TSSAA. I don’t see Alcoa traveling 2 hours to upper East Tennessee 4/5 times every other year to play teams that are no better than the ones we currently play….

There are definitely better teams in 4A than the ones you currently play. 3A pretty much sucks except for Alcoa and maybe East Nash. I think the AD would care more about winning state in 4A than competing with Knox West and Central for the 5A title. Especially considering they just smashed yall

On 10/4/2022 at 2:01 PM, Throwdeslant said:

That’s the BIG question. Do those schools play up? At the moment, I would be pressed to say yes because they made the move before, why wouldn’t they do it again? Also, our AD tried to get AC, Greeneville and Betsy to agree to a 2 year deal (last year and this year) and they all declined. We shall see…

I think Greeneville and Betsy have more to do with logistics than being "scared". Betsy is 2 hours from Alcoa. They don't want to do that when they can just play against local 5A and 6A schools like Science Hill and Daniel Boone.

On 10/6/2022 at 1:43 PM, CHARGERFAN said:

Here is an interesting thought. Blue Oval City is supposed to roll out the first Ford truck in 2025. I’m already seeing trailers for construction workers parked near me. When there are 6,000 workers at this plant, if each has a family with two kids, that’s 12,000 students to enroll in Haywood, Tipton, or Fayette County schools, more than likely. 

Can you imagine how this will affect high school enrollment for Fayette-Ware, Haywood, and Covington? I heard a speaker recently state that Covington would grow from a city population of 10,000 or 11, 000 to over 30,000. 

Plants make a big difference. I live in Kingsport and if Eastman wasn't here the population wouldn't be at 50,000. Covington might even hit 40,000. 

On 10/6/2022 at 3:44 PM, stacmot said:

BOC will have an impact.  I feel like we will see the construction of at least one new high school in Fayette, Haywood, Shelby, and Tipton Counties by 2035.  Fayette County already needs a new high school at Oakland.

Stanton is projected to grow from 450 to 10,000 by 2035.  Get ready for the Stanton Stallions, Mustangs, Broncos, Blue Ovals, F150s, or whatever Ford related nickname they might choose, coming to a neighborhood near you @CHARGERFAN!

If these counties build at least one new high school, that could limit some of the growth at Covington, Fayette-Ware, and Haywood, but I still see those schools possibly being reclassified as 5A or 6A in the not too distant future.

Even though it's good to plan ahead, I have not heard of any serious plans by the Haywood County Board of Education to build a new high school in the Stanton area.  We’re not experiencing any major growth yet, but we better get ready!

Seen this before. Government doesn't want to build new high schools. High schools get flooded. The kids in the flooded high schools dont get the attention and talent development they need. By the time they build new high schools they missed the opportunity to snowball their city/town into something greater. However, the kids still there get more than the average attention and talent development 

On 10/6/2022 at 4:13 PM, stacmot said:

I've seen projections that some will, but it does seem like that would be a long commute.  I expect a lot of them (at least executives, chemists, engineers) to settle in the Lakeland and Arlington areas of Shelby County.  In terms of families with children, Fayette and Tipton Counties have stronger school systems than Haywood, so I expect to see those counties  experience more growth in school enrollment than Haywood County.  Haywood will experience some growth though.

Kingsport here. Children of chemists and engineers are mingled with most of the population in high school. Most dont make much more than skilled tradesmen. I'd only expect the executives to live apart from most of the "general population". Also has a personality difference. Chemists and engineers generally want to make a positive difference in the world. Executives usually want to take take take

On 10/6/2022 at 4:55 PM, Tigersandcats said:

I figure your right, Haywood should see some growth for sure. I worked a couple of summers in Stanton Years ago now. All I remember was a cotton gin and a store in front of it. Hard to imagine what the growth will look like. I hope it’s a great thing for the whole surrounding area.

I'm from the opposite side of the state. I imagine Blue Oval City will be for the area what Eastman is for its area. That area will definitely improve

On 10/7/2022 at 10:52 AM, haweanbula said:

I think most if not all people would agree with you, but I dont ever see it happening. TSSAA also has an argument that Tennessee is growing in number so we would eventually need to expand back to 6A. 

I definitely think they should go to two classifications for private school 

It definitely is. The skilled trades program is doing wonders for Tennessee. Manufacturing might have left the midwest, but it hasn't left us here.