likely Re-Classification moves :

sportsfan53ray

39 minutes ago, stacmot said:

I've seen projections that some will, but it does seem like that would be a long commute.  I expect a lot of them (at least executives, chemists, engineers) to settle in the Lakeland and Arlington areas of Shelby County.  In terms of families with children, Fayette and Tipton Counties have stronger school systems than Haywood, so I expect to see those counties  experience more growth in school enrollment than Haywood County.  Haywood will experience some growth though.

I figure your right, Haywood should see some growth for sure. I worked a couple of summers in Stanton Years ago now. All I remember was a cotton gin and a store in front of it. Hard to imagine what the growth will look like. I hope it’s a great thing for the whole surrounding area.

4 hours ago, stacmot said:

I've seen projections that some will, but it does seem like that would be a long commute.  I expect a lot of them (at least executives, chemists, engineers) to settle in the Lakeland and Arlington areas of Shelby County.  In terms of families with children, Fayette and Tipton Counties have stronger school systems than Haywood, so I expect to see those counties  experience more growth in school enrollment than Haywood County.  Haywood will experience some growth though.

Fayette Academy should go ahead now and start building new buildings.  The largest growth, percentage wise, will be there in my uneducated opinion.

32 minutes ago, YBsostupid said:

Fayette Academy should go ahead now and start building new buildings.  The largest growth, percentage wise, will be there in my uneducated opinion.

I figure that you're right, but this isn't just another factory we're talking about, they call it blue oval city for a reason...with the workforce projected (and "support" businesses that will spring up) a significant increase in the entire general area's population will happen, and we're talking about family demographics that will include school aged children. I think that even "fringe" areas will see some increase in student population, and most of it will occur in rural areas. Let's be frank...families with no ties moving in will avoid Memphis and its surrounding area in favor of quieter and safer neighborhoods with better schools.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, YBsostupid said:

I just thought about this. Fayette Academy needs to consider this and potentially move on the north side of Somerville (which is where Fayette Ware and their middle school is located). From an athletic standpoint, Fayette Academy seems landlocked. 
If Haywood builds a new school, it’ll be closer towards the interstate.

Yes, I can see Stanton getting a new school, and potentially one in the Whiteville area. However, I’m not so sure on that. I’ll be excited, and cities like Somerville, Stanton, Brownsville, and Whiteville need to exhaust their opportunity for economic development.

With all being said, either Fayette Academy should consider building a new school, or a new private school will be built as well.

On 10/4/2022 at 10:55 AM, Indian said:

Guessing from 541-726 for Class 3A. Trying to get 6 teams in each was the goal. You also have Republic, playing non region this year, not sure of their plans. If they are included, by my count, Unicoi is bumped. 

Region 1: (6) Gatlinburg Pittman 559, Chuckey Doak 588, Pigeon Forge 596, Johnson County 628, Claiborne County 684, Unicoi County 726

Region 2: (6) Sweetwater 559, Kingston 660, Austin East 681, Alcoa 682, Scott 695, Union County 704

Region 3: (6) Meigs 544, Tyner 547, Brainerd 615, Sequatchie 636, McMinn Central 654, Chattanooga Central 719

Region 4: (4) Cascade 541, Grundy 567, Community 577, Giles County 713

Region 5: (7) Whites Creek 580, Liberty Creek 582, Watertown 681, Stratford 597, East Nashville 619, Pearl Cohn 639, Maplewood 689

Region 6: (5) Cheatham County 591, Stewart County 623, White House Heritage 666, Fairview 714, Sycamore 719

Region 7: (8) Liberty 542, Westview 558, Scotts Hill 563,  Ripley 672, McNairy Central 698, Dyersburg 704, Bolivar 710, Covington 722

Region 8: (7) Trezevant 541, Memphis East 569, Frederick Douglass 667, Wooddale 675, Hamilton 703, Melrose 710, Raleigh Egypt 724 

The obvious problem here is Region 7, with eight teams. Either a huge region or a team or two would have a ton of traveling. Pearl Cohn moving up would help balance Region 5. If Alcoa moved up McMinn Central could probably go Region 2. 

I believe Cannon County will choose to play up and remain 3A they have a better shot at making the playoffs in 3A. They would be the 5th or 6th team in either of the 2A regions they could be put in. Giles County could also choose to play up in 4A. Their travel would be less and play traditional rivals avoid Alcoa as well. 

3A Region 4 if Cannon moves up.

Cannon County- Move up from 2A and stay 3A

Cascade- Moving up from 2A

Community- Staying 3A

Giles- With some of the other teams in 4A moving to 5A they could possibly move up for travel reasons and avoid Alcoa.

Grundy- Staying 3A

Watertown- Moving up from 2A

14 hours ago, YBsostupid said:

6 Classifications is one too many.  Go to 5 classifications and divide the schools up so that the number of schools in each classification is as equal as possible.

In D-2 3 classifications are too many.  2 classifications in D-2 with an equal number in each.  

I think most if not all people would agree with you, but I dont ever see it happening. TSSAA also has an argument that Tennessee is growing in number so we would eventually need to expand back to 6A. 

I definitely think they should go to two classifications for private school 

Edited by haweanbula
added last sentence.

1 hour ago, anchordown10 said:

I believe Cannon County will choose to play up and remain 3A they have a better shot at making the playoffs in 3A. They would be the 5th or 6th team in either of the 2A regions they could be put in. Giles County could also choose to play up in 4A. Their travel would be less and play traditional rivals avoid Alcoa as well. 

3A Region 4 if Cannon moves up.

Cannon County- Move up from 2A and stay 3A

Cascade- Moving up from 2A

Community- Staying 3A

Giles- With some of the other teams in 4A moving to 5A they could possibly move up for travel reasons and avoid Alcoa.

Grundy- Staying 3A

Watertown- Moving up from 2A

That would be a soft region