likely Re-Classification moves :

sportsfan53ray

On 10/6/2022 at 8:31 PM, tradertwo said:

I figure that you're right, but this isn't just another factory we're talking about, they call it blue oval city for a reason...with the workforce projected (and "support" businesses that will spring up) a significant increase in the entire general area's population will happen, and we're talking about family demographics that will include school aged children. I think that even "fringe" areas will see some increase in student population, and most of it will occur in rural areas. Let's be frank...families with no ties moving in will avoid Memphis and its surrounding area in favor of quieter and safer neighborhoods with better schools.

Yes.  Most likely a new public school will be built eventually such as happened in Medina.  It is not a short commute from Brownsville to the Ford's area.  Much further than most parents would want to make twice a day on a daily basis.

23 minutes ago, YBsostupid said:

Yes.  Most likely a new public school will be built eventually such as happened in Medina.  It is not a short commute from Brownsville to the Ford's area.  Much further than most parents would want to make twice a day on a daily basis.

But, people who live in that corner of Haywood now do send their kids to Haywood. My kids all went to Covington High, which is 17 miles from our home. When you live in the country, you don’t expect things to be right next door. That’s one of the reasons people live in the country. We like the “elbow room”. 

I agree that there will probably be a new school sooner or later, but people can and do commute that far all the time.

Edited by CHARGERFAN

On 10/2/2022 at 3:04 PM, chrisburr said:

6A to 5A

William Blount

Morristown East

West Creek

Hardin Valley

Siegel

Dickson County

LaVergne

Antioch

5A to 6A

Henry County

Page

5A to 4A

Portland

Memphis Overton

Heritage

Cocke County

Oak Ridge

Clinton

Lenoir City

Hunters Lane

Spring Hill

Kingsbury

4A to 5A

Greeneville

Elizabethton

4A to 3A

Anderson County

Scott

Cumberland County

Glencliff

Liberty Magnet

3A to 4A

Alcoa

Covington

Dyersburg

Trezevant

2A to 3A

Hampton

Trousdale County

Union City

3A to 2A

Union County

Northview Academy

Memphis Business

2A to 1A

Tellico Plains

Whites Creek

1A to 2A

Peabody

South Pittsburg

Division II to Division I

Knoxville Webb (1A - 3A)

Knoxville Catholic (5A or 4A)

Ensworth (1A Or 2A)

Brentwood Academy (1A Or 2A)

McCallie (1A)

Division I to Division II

Unaka

Greenfield

Elizabethton’s enrollment doesn’t support movement to 5A and the administration has no plans on volunteering to move up. Our enrollment puts us dead in the middle of Class 4A, which runs from about 762-1115 students. Betsy is at 860, so a little below the halfway mark. While Anderson County is currently the largest 4A school at 1114 or so students, and will probably NEVER end up at the 3A level. 

On 10/7/2022 at 10:52 AM, haweanbula said:

I think most if not all people would agree with you, but I dont ever see it happening. TSSAA also has an argument that Tennessee is growing in number so we would eventually need to expand back to 6A. 

I definitely think they should go to two classifications for private school 

Beyond the growth, does anyone on here think for a minute that the TSSAA would cut back the number of classes knowing it would cut back their playoff revenue?! Follow the money trail. It’s that simple.

On 10/7/2022 at 10:52 AM, haweanbula said:

I think most if not all people would agree with you, but I dont ever see it happening. TSSAA also has an argument that Tennessee is growing in number so we would eventually need to expand back to 6A. 

I definitely think they should go to two classifications for private school 

Beyond the growth, does anyone on here think for a minute that the TSSAA would cut back the number of classes knowing it would cut back their playoff revenue?! Follow the money trail. It’s that simple.

5 hours ago, BigDaddyDave said:

Not at all because we all know they are only in it for the money! They do not care anything about the student athletes, coaches, and fans. They only care about lining their very own pockets. 

6 hours ago, BigDaddyDave said:

Elizabethton’s enrollment doesn’t support movement to 5A and the administration has no plans on volunteering to move up. Our enrollment puts us dead in the middle of Class 4A, which runs from about 762-1115 students. Betsy is at 860, so a little below the halfway mark. While Anderson County is currently the largest 4A school at 1114 or so students, and will probably NEVER end up at the 3A level. 

https://tssaa.org/2022-fall-enrollments

AC at 1042

Elizabethton at 879

• Like 1

5 hours ago, BigDaddyDave said:

T$$AA is all about that money. They get half the gate of every playoff game.