Loudon @ McMinn Central. Huge region implications for the Chargers.

Blue222

6 minutes ago, charger05 said:

That was embarrassing.  Players had no effort and Moody called possibly his worst game in his time at Central.

What happened here? I had Central picked to win 28-13. Looks like Moody's offense has struggled most of the season with the exception of Polk and Tellico. Defense seems to carry. At a loss.....how this happen?

40 minutes ago, charger05 said:

That was embarrassing.  Players had no effort and Moody called possibly his worst game in his time at Central.

I agree with embarrassing and no effort.  As far as play calling I believe it was more of execution than anything. Offensive line struggled big time especially in the second half. Oh well, win at Sweetwater and you’re region champs. Not all is lost. 

Edited by THE89Charger

27 minutes ago, THE89Charger said:

I agree with embarrassing and no effort.  As far as play calling I believe it was more of execution than anything. Offensive line struggled big time especially in the second half. Oh well, win at Sweetwater and you’re region champs. Not all is lost. 

Execution was bad...but play calling was atrocious...particularly the random qb keepers with in long yardage situations and with time wasting away in the 4th. If tonight is any indication, Sweetwater wins by 45+.

1 hour ago, THE89Charger said:

With so much riding on this game for Central tonight, I was shocked at the outcome!!!

More than likely Central will have to beat Sweetwater in order to not travel in the first round of playoffs. Central is 3-1 in region play and Loudon is 2-2. Central plays at Sweetwater for their last game and Loudon hosts Kingston. If Loudon beats Kingston they'll have the same region record as Central (assuming Central loses to Sweetwater), and would lock up 2nd place in the region due to their win over Central tonight.  So, Central controls their destiny.

Funny how central will win a game and people will chime they are set to go 9-1 or 8-2 acting like they can't lose, then they have a bad performance then act like the rest of the season is lost.  Anyways, Does the brainerd game hold any weight as to regional standings they beat Loudon by 14 and somehow central beat them by 20. I think brainerd could beat signal mountain as well

Edited by RichyRich

2 hours ago, RichyRich said:

Funny how central will win a game and people will chime they are set to go 9-1 or 8-2 acting like they can't lose, then they have a bad performance then act like the rest of the season is lost.  Anyways, Does the brainerd game hold any weight as to regional standings they beat Loudon by 14 and somehow central beat them by 20. I think brainerd could beat signal mountain as well

If Sweetwater and Loudon win out and I think more than likely they will. It will be 1 Sweetwater 2 Loudon. I think it will be 

1 Sweetwater

2 Loudon

3 Central 

4 Brainerd, Kingston, SM

1 hour ago, Dadof2 said:

If Sweetwater and Loudon win out and I think more than likely they will. It will be 1 Sweetwater 2 Loudon. I think it will be 

1 Sweetwater

2 Loudon

3 Central 

4 Brainerd, Kingston, SM

I agree, and that's what I said above.  Central's loss to Loudon last night was huge, as far as playing at home or on the road in the 1st round of playoffs.

12 minutes ago, blitzinbuc said:

I agree, and that's what I said above.  Central's loss to Loudon last night was huge, as far as playing at home or on the road in the 1st round of playoffs.

If they can somehow beat Sweetwater they would still win the region but I think that’s unlikely.

I did not comment last week because I knew what was coming with the Loudon game. Some of the Central starters were all about them beating Kingston and were already counting the game with Loudon as a win and it being a home coming game. They laughed when I said to take Loudon serious and they said Loudon lost to Brainerd who they had beat. They were talking about who was going to win homecoming and who they were taking out after the game. On the other side the Loudon coaches were hard on their players in practice. They told them they were selected by Central as the homecoming game because they did not respect them. They reminded them all week that Central was counting the game as an easy win for them. I was by parents of Loudon players I work with that at half time the Loudon coach told his team they had taken Centrals best shot and still had not scored. He told his guys to take the game to Central in the 2nd half with smash mouth football and that Central would quit. He was right. I do not lay all the blame on Central coaches, I think it was more with Central players who do not know what it takes to win. I hope they enjoyed their homecoming dates since it was more important.

16 minutes ago, Italwa said:

I did not comment last week because I knew what was coming with the Loudon game. Some of the Central starters were all about them beating Kingston and were already counting the game with Loudon as a win and it being a home coming game. They laughed when I said to take Loudon serious and they said Loudon lost to Brainerd who they had beat. They were talking about who was going to win homecoming and who they were taking out after the game. On the other side the Loudon coaches were hard on their players in practice. They told them they were selected by Central as the homecoming game because they did not respect them. They reminded them all week that Central was counting the game as an easy win for them. I was by parents of Loudon players I work with that at half time the Loudon coach told his team they had taken Centrals best shot and still had not scored. He told his guys to take the game to Central in the 2nd half with smash mouth football and that Central would quit. He was right. I do not lay all the blame on Central coaches, I think it was more with Central players who do not know what it takes to win. I hope they enjoyed their homecoming dates since it was more important.

I picked Central to win but I was not surprised that Loudon won but I was definitely surprised by the score and that’s with Loudon starting a new QB for his first time. 

40 minutes ago, Dadof2 said:

I picked Central to win but I was not surprised that Loudon won but I was definitely surprised by the score and that’s with Loudon starting a new QB for his first time. 

Central has another 2a school to play in two weeks and it is not home coming so maybe they will be ready.