Loudon @ McMinn Central. Huge region implications for the Chargers.

Blue222

1 hour ago, Dadof2 said:

I picked Central to win but I was not surprised that Loudon won but I was definitely surprised by the score and that’s with Loudon starting a new QB for his first time. 

The final score was a headscratcher for sure. Central will need to find their offense again if they want to have a chance at Sweetwater.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Dadof2 said:

Do you think Central will beat Rockwood this week? and where did all the Central fans go?

Yes I think Central will win.  Rockwood is a 2A school, who will end up finishing 3rd in their district - which isn't that strong anyway.  Though this isn't a region game, Central has had two weeks to think about what the Loudon loss cost them (they may end up traveling unless they beat Sweetwater), and they should have all their nicked-up players back, and their kinks worked out.  

28 minutes ago, blitzinbuc said:

Yes I think Central will win.  Rockwood is a 2A school, who will end up finishing 3rd in their district - which isn't that strong anyway.  Though this isn't a region game, Central has had two weeks to think about what the Loudon loss cost them (they may end up traveling unless they beat Sweetwater), and they should have all their nicked-up players back, and their kinks worked out.  

I think that region is a little better than some think at the top. York just played a good game against 4A Gibbs and Monterey play Bledsoe Friday night and most say Monterey will win soundly, and supposedly Rockwood had several players out in those games. I will go with Rockwood by a couple TD’s Rockwood is a physical hard nose running team and that’s what Central struggles with.

1 hour ago, blitzinbuc said:

Did you see we also go to 3A next year.

13 hours ago, Dadof2 said:

Did you see we also go to 3A next year.

Is that final? I'd heard the TSSAA was going to re-evaluate the enrollment numbers on Oct. 14 versus the first school day enrollment numbers to determine the size. Not sure if they were going to average the numbers or what.  I heard it from a good source over the Summer, but not sure where they got the information.
If that rumor isn't true then Meigs would be 3 students over the 541, moving them to 3A. They'd probably welcome the move for closer competition of teams they're familiar with - some of who they already play. 

1 hour ago, blitzinbuc said:

Is that final? I'd heard the TSSAA was going to re-evaluate the enrollment numbers on Oct. 14 versus the first school day enrollment numbers to determine the size. Not sure if they were going to average the numbers or what.  I heard it from a good source over the Summer, but not sure where they got the information.
If that rumor isn't true then Meigs would be 3 students over the 541, moving them to 3A. They'd probably welcome the move for closer competition of teams they're familiar with - some of who they already play. 

The new classifications came out yesterday. Meigs and Tyner both move to 3A. Loudon stayed in 3A as the largest school in the class.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, charger05 said:

The new classifications came out yesterday. Meigs and Tyner both move to 3A. Loudon stayed in 3A as the largest school in the class.

Still some adjustments to be made by schools. Would not be surprised to some 3A schools elect to play up most notably Giles County. Then the state will have to set the Districts. Schools would also have a chance to appeal the District....( which is what Kingston did last cycle)....Would not be surprised to Loudon and Kingston back with Alcoa especially if PF and GP play in District 1

23 hours ago, Charger64 said:

Still some adjustments to be made by schools. Would not be surprised to some 3A schools elect to play up most notably Giles County. Then the state will have to set the Districts. Schools would also have a chance to appeal the District....( which is what Kingston did last cycle)....Would not be surprised to Loudon and Kingston back with Alcoa especially if PF and GP play in District 1

Assuming no one else in these regions move up or down, it will be interesting to see how the TSSAA braintrust splits them up by adding Meigs and Tyner.  Region 1 only has 5 teams, so I can see at least 1 team from Region 2 moving. Two of these Regions will have 7 teams in them, unless one of the Chattanooga teams moves to Region 4 which only has 5 teams now. 

Region 1

Chuckey-Doak High School (Afton, TN)

Claiborne High School (New Tazewell, TN)

Johnson Co. High School (Mountain City, TN)

Unicoi Co. High School (Erwin, TN)

West Greene High School (Mosheim, TN)

Region 2

Alcoa High School (Alcoa, TN)

Austin-East High School (Knoxville, TN)

Gatlinburg-Pittman High School (Gatlinburg, TN)

Northview Academy (Kodak, TN)

Pigeon Forge High School (Pigeon Forge, TN)

Union Co. High School (Maynardville, TN)

Region 3

Brainerd High School (Chattanooga, TN)

Kingston High School (Kingston, TN)

Loudon High School (Loudon, TN)

McMinn Central High School (Englewood, TN)

Signal Mountain High School (Signal Mountain, TN)

Sweetwater High School (Sweetwater, TN)

On 10/19/2022 at 1:46 PM, Charger64 said:

I to have heard they were gonna look at Meigs numbers again. That they could possible stay in 2a after the revaluation. I  think Meigs will definetly compete in 3a, but if Alcoa is still 3a you can kiss the chances of going to championship goodbye for the next 4 years. Not being harsh, but them alcoee boys are something else.

21 hours ago, RichyRich said:

I to have heard they were gonna look at Meigs numbers again. That they could possible stay in 2a after the revaluation. I  think Meigs will definetly compete in 3a, but if Alcoa is still 3a you can kiss the chances of going to championship goodbye for the next 4 years. Not being harsh, but them alcoee boys are something else.

I haven't heard recently if the TSSAA will indeed re-evaluate based on beginning day numbers versus mid-October numbers. Schools can appeal if they feel it's warranted, but the TSSAA may not consider it in fear of it opening up a can of worms. 
Rumors are that Alcoa may decide to voluntarily move to 4A, but if they didn't they'd definitely continue ruling 3A. They'd probably rule 4A or even 5A in most years.
I think Meigs playing in the 3 -3A Region is a good fit for all the nearby teams already in the Region - some who they already play against.

Edited by blitzinbuc

On 10/2/2022 at 7:09 PM, Dadof2 said:

Unless the Loudon team that played GP to a one score game shows up I’m taking the home team. 

Yes I just picked Central :shock:

Loudon is struggling this year.From the sound of things over there the fans are starting to mumble and grumble.Great time to get a region win!