Region 1 4A Games and Discussions

noonesfool

On 10/9/2022 at 5:05 PM, BigDaddyDave said:

The real story here is can Betsy finish strong, continue to improve, stay healthy, and ruin a few teams season in the playoffs? If they do, I wouldn’t want to play them. The stage doesn’t seem to be too big for a team that has Sophomore-Senior with 1-3 seasons respectively with TSSAA Title Game experience. And a coaching staff that can, at times, make better teams look inferior by scheming them up and out game planning them. In Quad 1, I see it coming down to can Betsy get by AC to earn the rematch with the Greene Devils again. Until another team in Region 2 proves me wrong, I can’t rely on anyone but AC. And as we all remember from last season, come playoff time, anything is possible. 

It really is amazing how well the Betsy coaching staff has their team do regardless of their talent.

On 10/10/2022 at 10:47 AM, blazer1set said:

I agree that Betsy could be the dark horse in all of this.    Still hard for me to gauge them.... Since the "turnaround" they have definitely put up some points but not against anyone with a > .500 record except for AC.       Kinda the same with Boone this year, we are 7-0 but only one team is > .500 so it's hard to know exactly where we stand.     But all you can do is play the games on your schedule and try to win each one and then see what happens once the playoffs start.      In a rarity I am sorta kinda pulling for Elizabethton this year, I guess because you guys finally let us win one a few weeks ago it has softened my heart... lol

I gauge them as a team whose coaching staff will always have their team as the best they can possibly be in the best positions come playoff time. Unfortunately, I can't say the same for Boone's coaching staff. They have some pretty good players who can pull them through. I'm not sure how they'll handle Knox West. 

On 10/11/2022 at 5:06 PM, lawnman said:

I really like the way Betsy is playing right now and think we can make some noise come playoff time.I really think we can beat AC but do we have enough offense to beat the Greeneville defense.In the first game against the Devils or offense mist a lot of blocks and our running backs were getting hit when they got the ball.I know our coaching staff will make some changes on offense if we see Greeneville again.Going to be fun come playoff time.

This might be the best chance AC has had in recent years.

33 minutes ago, BoosterClubPlayersSuck said:

I gauge them as a team whose coaching staff will always have their team as the best they can possibly be in the best positions come playoff time. Unfortunately, I can't say the same for Boone's coaching staff. They have some pretty good players who can pull them through. I'm not sure how they'll handle Knox West. 

Seriously doubt Boone can hang with Knox West this year, and I don't think anyone else in 5A can either.