Battle of the Winless: WB hosts HVA for senior night

GovForce1

29 minutes ago, camppack said:

Eagleton from what I hear has around 50 players. Those kids would have gone to WB or Heritage before Eagleton added football. Even it was a 50/50 split having 25 less kids hurts. SESI is a whole other issue. 

Eagleton has around 30 kids on the team, the practice Barney keeps talking about seeing had both the middle and high school teams sharing the same practice field. If you look at a map you can easily tell that the only school Eagleton is pulling kids from is heritage, and they obviously aren't too affected by it.

43 minutes ago, dontstopbelieving said:

Eagleton has around 30 kids on the team, the practice Barney keeps talking about seeing had both the middle and high school teams sharing the same practice field. If you look at a map you can easily tell that the only school Eagleton is pulling kids from is heritage, and they obviously aren't too affected by it.

Thanks for the correct numbers. The map does show Heritage should be most impacted. What skews things, though I don't know by how much, is Samuel Everitt School of Innovation (led by a former WB HC.) Kids from anywhere can do "hybrid" learning through them and play football at Eagleton (for another former WB HC.)  I do know of a few kids who played elsewhere but are now enrolled in SESI and playing at Eagleton. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, dontstopbelieving said:

Everybody keeps saying the "eagleton/SESI situation" but can anybody actually identify these kids? If the previous coach was so bad why would all these nameless kids have followed him? 

There is a perception the previous WB HC is "easy" to play for because when he was at WB, behavioral expectations, discipline, and participating in off strength and conditioning seemed to not be priorities. 

4 hours ago, Indian said:

Sounds crazy but all this talk makes it seem WB could just shut it down. I would petition the TSSAA to play non region for a couple of years the way White County did. Not all could be scheduled and it might be more travel than this but they should be more competitive against a schedule of something like-Sequoyah, Scott, Volunteer, Cumberland, Union County, Claiborne, Northview, Wartburg, and Cumberland Gap. Leave rivalry game Heritage on it. 

The last time WB got TSSAA to make a change, they moved regions. They gave up the gate receipts of a home game with Maryville and relatively short region trips to/from Bearden, Farragut and HVA. Instead they picked up long trips to/from DB, Science Hill and West Ridge. Added increased travel time and cost, reduced visiting fan gate receipts. Another of the many questionable decisions at WB.

6 hours ago, dontstopbelieving said:

Everybody keeps saying the "eagleton/SESI situation" but can anybody actually identify these kids? If the previous coach was so bad why would all these nameless kids have followed him? 

Alot of kids transferred in and THEN they named him coach!I know a few families that went there and were furious when the found out he was coach.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, orngnblk said:

I know five families one was from Greenback.I wont go into the specifics.

We know who the one from Greenback was and obviously he would have made a difference for you guys this year. I know of 3 or 4 from William blount that probably wouldn't have been Varsity for wb this year... the point I am trying to make is that WB needs to stop using eagleton as a crutch for why they suck this year.

9 minutes ago, dontstopbelieving said:

We know who the one from Greenback was and obviously he would have made a difference for you guys this year. I know of 3 or 4 from William blount that probably wouldn't have been Varsity for wb this year... the point I am trying to make is that WB needs to stop using eagleton as a crutch for why they suck this year.

Well of course.lol