Beech vs Brentwood FNR

Bump11

3 minutes ago, MJGOLDENBEARS said:

I agree Beech could play great as an underdog role, but no way I see them as a favorite going into the playoffs. I believe Oakland, Maryville would hand a beat down. Luckily for Beech, this is the weakest 6a has been in sometime… look at Cane Ridge, they’re number 2?! No way lol

I’m simply saying I think Beech is better than some ranked above them. 6A is down from years past and the way the brackets line up, Beech could be a semifinal or finals team. They play sound defense and the offense will lean, with a couple kids that can break off a long one. I personally think they can beat Cane Ridge and they’re as good as anyone in Williamson County (Ravenwood will give people fits with a healthy Parson). Oakland is still the class of 6A, but this Maryville team has lost some games and shown they’re beatable. 

10 minutes ago, MJGOLDENBEARS said:

I agree Beech could play great as an underdog role, but no way I see them as a favorite going into the playoffs. I believe Oakland, Maryville would hand a beat down. Luckily for Beech, this is the weakest 6a has been in sometime… look at Cane Ridge, they’re number 2?! No way lol

You get to a certain point and it becomes about matchups. Beech plays a style that most teams don’t see very often and will give some teams fits. I believe the west side of the bracket is wide open. 

9 minutes ago, eers said:

You get to a certain point and it becomes about matchups. Beech plays a style that most teams don’t see very often and will give some teams fits. I believe the west side of the bracket is wide open. 

It’s really about as wide open as it ever will be. especially when considering some of the teams above Beech that I think Beech would favor against. Unfortunately I just see Oakland being a 3 plus td favorite if it comes to it.

Edited by MJGOLDENBEARS

8 minutes ago, MJGOLDENBEARS said:

It’s really about as wide open as it ever will be. especially when considering some of the teams above Beech that I think Beech would favor against. Unfortunately I just see Oakland being a 3 plus td favorite if it comes to it.

Oakland would certainly be favored and I would say most would have it at around 3 TDs.

I don’t want to get ahead of myself because there’s a lot of football to be played between now and then. As a realist, I believe Ravenwood is still the favorite in the west with a healthy Parson. 

31 minutes ago, eers said:

Oakland would certainly be favored and I would say most would have it at around 3 TDs.

I don’t want to get ahead of myself because there’s a lot of football to be played between now and then. As a realist, I believe Ravenwood is still the favorite in the west with a healthy Parson. 

Is that the reason they’ve struggled? Without parson?

21 minutes ago, eers said:

I have heard he’s out again this week and they’re starting a freshman at QB. Have even heard whispers that he may not return at all to avoid potential further injury. Not sure how valid that is…

Yes I read an article that stated they used their best Rb at QB previously to bringing up the freshman. There must not be much depth at the QB position at Ravenwood. How does such a talent rich program/area not have a plan B in that situation. It sounds like they’re scrambling around to figure something out.

Edited by MJGOLDENBEARS

6 hours ago, eers said:

I have heard he’s out again this week and they’re starting a freshman at QB. Have even heard whispers that he may not return at all to avoid potential further injury. Not sure how valid that is…

Not sure if there’s truth to that or not but it would certainly make sense. I also wonder if he would even be the same if he did come back this season since running is such a huge part of his game. If he doesn’t come back, I certainly like Beech’s chances a lot better to come out of the west 

10 hours ago, MJGOLDENBEARS said:

Well it was considering that Farragut hasn’t made any noise since being in 6a.  They took a blowout loss to a so-so Maryville team… and a blowout loss to 5a West. I mean it’s definitely not great loss lol I’m starting to think these wins against average/ good opposition is getting to your head, Beech hasn’t beat a great team. you can’t seriously think Beech is a 6a contender? Or are you just saying that Beech deserves better placement in the poll? 

Maryville is so so but West’s classification means nothing. They’re legit. They are pretty easily top 2-3 in all of public schools and they would probably give Oakland a bigger test than any public school in the state. They became the first school in Knox to beat Maryville in 20+ years, and are the first to beat Maryville and Alcoa in the same year since 98. They should steamroll through 5A this year and i’d pay money to see them line up with Oakland. As far as not beating a great team, probably not. HC and Brentwood are both good teams but i wouldn’t say great. There also aren’t many “great” teams this year in general. Which is why 6A in particular is the most “up for grabs” that it’s been in a very long time. 

1 minute ago, Bump11 said:

Maryville is so so but West’s classification means nothing. They’re legit. They are pretty easily top 2-3 in all of public schools and they would probably give Oakland a bigger test than any public school in the state. They became the first school in Knox to beat Maryville in 20+ years, and are the first to beat Maryville and Alcoa in the same year since 98. They should steamroll through 5A this year and i’d pay money to see them line up with Oakland. As far as not beating a great team, probably not. HC and Brentwood are both good teams but i wouldn’t say great. There also aren’t many “great” teams this year in general. Which is why 6A in particular is the most “up for grabs” that it’s been in a very long time. 

I definitely agree that it's the most open it's been in several years, but I would still say that Oakland is a pretty heavy favorite to win their 3rd in a row.

One team I haven't seen much of is Cane Ridge so I really can't speak to whether or not they're deserving of being ranked #2 in 6A, but they can't be too bad if they knocked off CPA