2023-2025 Initial Classification Released

haweanbula

Most interesting statement from TSSAA website:

To be able to guarantee schools Friday-night region contests and better manage the current shortage of officials in many areas of the state, the state office will be setting the region football schedules for 2023 and 2024. The completed region schedules will be posted to the TSSAA website on November 21 at 1 PM central time (2 PM eastern). Region games will be scheduled from Week 3 through Week 11 with a small number of Week 1 and 2 games possible for the largest regions or in areas where there are fewer officiating crews available. Every school will play a Week 11 region game. Week 11 games for Classes 1A/3A/5A/DII-A/DII-AAA will be scheduled for Thursday in 2023 and Friday in 2024. Week 11 games for Classes 2A/4A/6A/DII-AA will be scheduled for Friday in 2023 and Thursday in 2024. Schools will be able to schedule non-region games once the region schedules are published on November 21.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, kingofthenorth said:

They are not moving up. 

Why wouldn't they? It fixes their scheduling issue. I dont have any inside info about Alcoa, but it makes sense to me. They would still be favored to win the east side of the state. Year end and year out they would be favored to win against AC, Betsy, and Greeneville. It would be tougher games for them for sure compared to what they play regular season now and first few rounds of playoff. I think those State Championship Betsy and Greeneville teams could have or would have beat Alcoa. 

Edited by haweanbula

1 minute ago, haweanbula said:

Why wouldn't they? It fixes their scheduling issue. I dont have any inside info about Alcoa, but it makes sense to me. They would still be favored to win the east side of the state. Year end and year out they would be favored to win against AC, Betsy, and Greeneville. It would be tougher games for them for sure compared to what they play regular season now and first few rounds of playoff. 

I can't answer that....I just know they are not moving up. Which I think would be awesome if they waited until the past minute and shocked some teams that are playing up to avoid them lol. 

9 minutes ago, kingofthenorth said:

I can't answer that....I just know they are not moving up. Which I think would be awesome if they waited until the past minute and shocked some teams that are playing up to avoid them lol. 

I was right there with you but I’m hearing this morning Alcoa will move up. Will be interesting to see no doubt. They would be in our region with us in region 2 4A and other area Knoxville schools. 

7 minutes ago, Eaglefan19 said:

I was right there with you but I’m hearing this morning Alcoa will move up. Will be interesting to see no doubt. They would be in our region with us in region 2 4A and other area Knoxville schools. 

Wow... I talked to someone close to the program yesterday and he told me they where staying put....but I have been wrong many times before. 

20 minutes ago, kingofthenorth said:

I really dont think those schools play up again even if they know Alcoa is coming

10 minutes ago, Eaglefan19 said:

If Alcoa knows those schools won't move up and they get a larger region I think they are coming. 

33 minutes ago, fredjones said:

Most interesting statement from TSSAA website:

To be able to guarantee schools Friday-night region contests and better manage the current shortage of officials in many areas of the state, the state office will be setting the region football schedules for 2023 and 2024. The completed region schedules will be posted to the TSSAA website on November 21 at 1 PM central time (2 PM eastern). Region games will be scheduled from Week 3 through Week 11 with a small number of Week 1 and 2 games possible for the largest regions or in areas where there are fewer officiating crews available. Every school will play a Week 11 region game. Week 11 games for Classes 1A/3A/5A/DII-A/DII-AAA will be scheduled for Thursday in 2023 and Friday in 2024. Week 11 games for Classes 2A/4A/6A/DII-AA will be scheduled for Friday in 2023 and Thursday in 2024. Schools will be able to schedule non-region games once the region schedules are published on November 21.

This is BS in my opinion. They should allow the schools to make their own schedule. They already take, take, take from the schools especially in the playoffs when you have those games and gates. They get half. With all that extra money they take from each school they should pay officials more so they don't have to do some BS like this. 

My 3A Guess:

Pearl-Cohn will move up and play 4A.  Who moves up from 2A?  Who else decides to move up to 4A?  These are anyone's guess.  

(7) Memphis East, Douglass, Wooddale, Hamilton, Melrose, Raleigh Egypt, Bolton will make up Region 8-3A.

(7) Liberty Tech, Westview, Ripley, McNairy Central, Dyersburg, Bolivar, Covington will make up Region 7-3A.

(5) Cheatham County, Sycamore, Fairview, Stewart County, Scotts Hill should make up Region 6-3A.

(5) Maplewood, East Nashville, Stratford, RePublic, and Whites Creek should make up Region 5-3A.

(5) White House-Heritage, Liberty Creek, Watertown, Giles County, Community should make up Region 4-3A.

(7) Meigs County, Tyner Academy, Brainerd, Sequatchie County, McMinn Central, Chattanooga Central, Grundy County should make up Region 3-3A.

(7) Loudon, Sweetwater, Kingston, Austin East, Alcoa, Scott County, Union County should make up Region 2-3A.

(6) Gatlinburg-Pittman, Chuckey-Doak, Pigeon Forge, Johnson County, Claiborne County, Unicoi County should make up Region 1-3A.

31 minutes ago, howdoitknow said:

My 3A Guess:

Pearl-Cohn will move up and play 4A.  Who moves up from 2A?  Who else decides to move up to 4A?  These are anyone's guess.  

(7) Memphis East, Douglass, Wooddale, Hamilton, Melrose, Raleigh Egypt, Bolton will make up Region 8-3A.

(7) Liberty Tech, Westview, Ripley, McNairy Central, Dyersburg, Bolivar, Covington will make up Region 7-3A.

(5) Cheatham County, Sycamore, Fairview, Stewart County, Scotts Hill should make up Region 6-3A.

(5) Maplewood, East Nashville, Stratford, RePublic, and Whites Creek should make up Region 5-3A.

(5) White House-Heritage, Liberty Creek, Watertown, Giles County, Community should make up Region 4-3A.

(7) Meigs County, Tyner Academy, Brainerd, Sequatchie County, McMinn Central, Chattanooga Central, Grundy County should make up Region 3-3A.

(7) Loudon, Sweetwater, Kingston, Austin East, Alcoa, Scott County, Union County should make up Region 2-3A.

(6) Gatlinburg-Pittman, Chuckey-Doak, Pigeon Forge, Johnson County, Claiborne County, Unicoi County should make up Region 1-3A.

Scotts Hill will be a drive for these teams!

35 minutes ago, howdoitknow said:

My 3A Guess:

I have no dog in this race, but region 4 seems jacked up. Giles County which is at the Alabama line and White House Heritage which is at the Kentucky line doesn’t make much sense to me.