All State WR? who do u think?

zerocool

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maryville high school has three tremendous wr's. Brad Merrit, Tyler Gaskin, and Jacob Holt. Merrit and Holt are one of the best pair of wr's a qb could hope for. All three have size, skill, speed and experience, but Holt and Merrit are something special. Their stats may not be what they seem because we have a sophmore qb who was asked to play a huge role whenever Jr. Alex Rouse fell out with a torn acl in a scrimage to saudy-daisy with a cheap shot nearly 8 seconds after he had released the ball. If maryville really keyed on the pass like they do the run, Merrit and Holt would probably be writing thier name right now in the record books.

Posted by zerocool:

whos got stats like lawson?????? 41 catches for 937 yards 6 td's

Three receivers from Obion County have at least 850 yards receiving and around 10 TDs each. Jr.Brian Kissell (950 yds 12 TD), Sr.Colby McBride (900 yds 10 TD), and Sr.Cory Robertson (850 yds 9 TD).

Oh sorry, they're from West TN, so they probably wont get mentioned when it comes to all-state.

A.J. Blackburn of Ezell Harding. It's hard to argue with speed, quickness, and sheer production. 71 catches, 1283 yds, 10 TD's.

Kevyn Murry of Franklin High is a big play machine. 12 Td's out of only 42 catches says that much, to go with 783 yds.

Patrick Turner out of Goodpasture looks like the real deal, with frame that can kill at 6'5 and 198lbs that produced 51 catches, 976 yds and 14 scores. And this kid might even still be growing.

On an interesting note, if Chris Russell of Hillsboro has to ever play any WR in college, he'd probably be good at it. Tremendous athlete with great hands. No numbers to speak of this year (5 catches, 157 yds, 2 scores) but at Hillsboro, how good can it get for a receiver, really?

3 greeneville high school receivers deserve some consideration.

Joe Watson-79 catches, 1000 yards,9 touchdowns,IMAC conference Athlete of the year (also 8 interceptions)

Charlie Wilcox-45 catches, 1100 yards, 11 touchdowns

Chase Greenway-40 catches, 900 yards, 12 touchdowns

One of the best trios on recent history!