Harpeth @ Westmoreland

GBO52

Can the Eagles secure a home playoff appearance Friday or will they stay on the struggle bus? 

Personally I think it can go two ways.... We can come out and walk all over an ok football team like we should, or we can come out like we have the past two weeks, soft and dead and lose to yet another team we should beat.... If you go back and watch the WH game there are several things we have to clean up that shouldn't be happening this late in the year.... Blocking; awful job upfront last Friday, I'm not sure if WH was just that much stronger than us or what but it was bad. Getting up field; I'm not sure what makes backs think that dancing around and running side to side is going to get us anywhere but it drives me nuts! We have to start turning the ball up!! I know this is a unfavored take but to me the play calling isn't the issue, several missed opportunities if we just make the right cuts, turn the ball up and stop getting blown off the ball. 

Last thing and my rant is over, can anyone tell me why our players help up the other team all night long but our QB (who is a workhorse btw) picks his self up again and again after we let him get hit? I'm all for helping the other guys, I love the sportsmanship but I don't know that I've seen a single one of our players pick Kam up all year. 

Some good questions about mind set of Eagles going into Senior night.  Something definitely been off last two weeks, not quite sure what.  I do think we get the win Friday night.  Kam our qb/corner is a gamer you are right about that.  He has worked really hard to be an all Region type 2 way player. The big challenge for him and some of the Seniors on this team  is to get everyone focused on playing smart and playing together.  Not much time left 

Very very sloppy on offense! The time put in to the program shows up more and more each week! Peewee looking offensive performances for quite sometime now! Our offensive line needs to focus more on the first level defenders than they do the second level defenders if you ask me, a former lineman. Didn’t help the past week to have a starting offensive guard missing due to concussion.  I watch hours of film, and our blocking schemes seem to be bad. Way too much penetration to run the wingt. We need a lot more practice time it appears. It would do our team good to play JV games and freshman games to get in all the practice they can because practice makes perfect they say. Clock management hurt us at the end of the game Friday. Not sure what happened. I’ve heard several stories. Heard the refs wouldnt allow our coach to call a timeout until they spotted the ball! That’s a first I believe. Never the less it killed our chances of getting the ball back. If anyone wants to play the blame game I’d say the coaches and players have equal part in our last 2 losses. Not ready mentally for either game if you ask me. Last 2 weeks are over though. We can win and get at least 1 home playoff game. That’s what we should be focused on.  Hopefully we can watch film and learn how to get better. When I was in highschool our coach used film to point out our mistakes. You dreaded the Monday film study with the team. Everyone got to see your mistakes together it. It caused you to not want to make those again the following monday. Like JV games and freshman games film study together as a team to me is a necessity if your gonna have a serious program that wins. It even helps build character if that’s the goal. Everyone needs alittle constructive criticism sometimes. No one is above some of that. Not coaches, or players. It’s what drives us todo better in life they say

Edited by Mr. Postman1

9 hours ago, Mr. Postman1 said:

Very very sloppy on offense! The time put in to the program shows up more and more each week! Peewee looking offensive performances for quite sometime now! Our offensive line needs to focus more on the first level defenders than they do the second level defenders if you ask me, a former lineman. Didn’t help the past week to have a starting offensive guard missing due to concussion.  I watch hours of film, and our blocking schemes seem to be bad. Way too much penetration to run the wingt. We need a lot more practice time it appears. It would do our team good to play JV games and freshman games to get in all the practice they can because practice makes perfect they say. Clock management hurt us at the end of the game Friday. Not sure what happened. I’ve heard several stories. Heard the refs wouldnt allow our coach to call a timeout until they spotted the ball! That’s a first I believe. Never the less it killed our chances of getting the ball back. If anyone wants to play the blame game I’d say the coaches and players have equal part in our last 2 losses. Not ready mentally for either game if you ask me. Last 2 weeks are over though. We can win and get at least 1 home playoff game. That’s what we should be focused on.  Hopefully we can watch film and learn how to get better. When I was in highschool our coach used film to point out our mistakes. You dreaded the Monday film study with the team. Everyone got to see your mistakes together it. It caused you to not want to make those again the following monday. Like JV games and freshman games film study together as a team to me is a necessity if your gonna have a serious program that wins. It even helps build character if that’s the goal. Everyone needs alittle constructive criticism sometimes. No one is above some of that. Not coaches, or players. It’s what drives us todo better in life they say

A lot to unpack, good post.  Our guys need to be challenged this week hope it's already happened!

15 minutes ago, Indians1989 said:

doug youre guys got challenged the last too weaks 

we seen what happened 

be care full what you wish four 

Something has to change. Starts with accountability for lackluster performances and proper game preparation, e.g practice.  Not much time left.  

26 minutes ago, Doug said:

Something has to change. Starts with accountability for lackluster performances and proper game preparation, e.g practice.  Not much time left.  

your starting to sound a lot like a good friend i know thats a fan of them their rockettes

@GeneralForrest how to you cope with beeing so under acheiving year after year