Harpeth @ Westmoreland

GBO52

2 hours ago, CCLHL08 said:

Be careful what you wish for! ER went through bad coach after bad coach for years. Westmoreland is proven imo. Teams know what to expect when they play them. It easy for keyboard hero to name all the bad things. I’m pretty sure they don’t teach to jump offsides. Also don’t coach RBs and say just just pick a hole. You don’t beat Watertown, Trousdale, Clay, Portland and go toe to toe with smith, ER and Macon on bad 

Well looks like West has given a bad coach several years to try to show something and he aint never been able to do it y'all been dealing with for a bad coach for several years yourselves. If coaches aren't  doing their JOB they should get fired like everyone else who doesn't do their job they are getting paid for.  Like I said , the boys won those games by having a no quit attitude, not the coach. They didn't get their fierceness from their coach either he has no excitement in him and quit on his team in the ER game, good coaches don't do that. As for the other you just proved my point on " you don't teach them to" You are right coaches don't teach them to do any of those things, GOOD coaches correct all those mistakes  before games through countless hours of practicing your offense so they are confident in what they are doing and know where to run and who to follow. I'm no keyboard hero,  but I know football and what a coach should or shouldn't do. Doesn't look like West has had any good coaching on offense and anyone who knows anything about football can see that. Defense has had somebody working with them and it shows. Everyone should be looking at what the bad is so you can correct it. Doesn't look like the coach knows enough to do it. 

5 hours ago, GBO52 said:

I mean I get it. Obviously when we watch something not work we are going to say they should have done this or done that but the issue to me seems we were scared of a region title game and that carried over a week... I'll say personally (which literally means nothing) I think Law should have more touches, I think Sizemore should have more touches and White should have more touches but other than that on the coaching side I don't know what they have done to force us to lose? 

We say pass more, but our line gives Kam about 2 seconds and then he's getting rocked by someone we let through (I have expressed before, we then do not help him up), we don't have any receivers that can get open in that amount of time so most the time when we do pass Kams trying to dodge the whole defensive line which forces him to make a bad decision so we really aren't capable of having that much success unless we maybe move to the shot gun and throw some quick slants.... IDK i'm just an average joe. What I do know is our players have not played like they are capable since fall break... 

Looked to me like the Coach was scared of the Title Game which is why he quit on his boys in the last 40-50 seconds of play. I'm gonna say that had a huge impact on how they felt going into the Whitehouse game. If your coach don't believe in the team how are the players supposed to. Wonder how the parents felt about that? I went to that game and it got pretty heated during that time and should have. 

If you watch your line they are doing what they are told to do, go to the 2nd level and don't worry about the 1st man. I have also counted in other games where your qb had 7 sec back there to make a decision and did not do it. That come from getting comfortable with it in practice.  I know y'all don't want to believe it but offense is sloppy and sloppy comes from not enough practice, if you have ever played ball you know it. Ask yourself why the defense does as good as it does but the offense doesn't and never has. 

18 minutes ago, Doug said:

And it wasn't that close. Harpeth easily worst team  we have played this  year. Too many Eagle penalties that will get us beat next week.  But tonight they  could have easily put up 70+. 

I agree with you there…. I hate to be a negative person but we gotta clean it up. First team we have scored at will on other than TC 

23 minutes ago, Doug said:

And it wasn't that close. Harpeth easily worst team  we have played this  year. Too many Eagle penalties that will get us beat next week.  But tonight they  could have easily put up 70+. 

I’ve said all along execution is what has got us beat the last couple of weeks.  You are 100% correct in the costly mistakes needing to get corrected.  It’s go time now.  Don’t let your last home game be a L. 

15 hours ago, Whodat1 said:

Looked to me like the Coach was scared of the Title Game which is why he quit on his boys in the last 40-50 seconds of play. I'm gonna say that had a huge impact on how they felt going into the Whitehouse game. If your coach don't believe in the team how are the players supposed to. Wonder how the parents felt about that? I went to that game and it got pretty heated during that time and should have. 

If you watch your line they are doing what they are told to do, go to the 2nd level and don't worry about the 1st man. I have also counted in other games where your qb had 7 sec back there to make a decision and did not do it. That come from getting comfortable with it in practice.  I know y'all don't want to believe it but offense is sloppy and sloppy comes from not enough practice, if you have ever played ball you know it. Ask yourself why the defense does as good as it does but the offense doesn't and never has. 

Did you coach last night???? You gotta be the reason we won!!!! 

The line play was one of the best performances it’s been all year too, what did you tell them?!? 

11 hours ago, 123EaglePride said:

I’ve said all along execution is what has got us beat the last couple of weeks.  You are 100% correct in the costly mistakes needing to get corrected.  It’s go time now.  Don’t let your last home game be a L. 

Livingston academy in around 2005 or so went 5-5 regular season and wound up winning the state! I’m hoping for similar results. I love these seniors. Been around them since they were 2nd grade players. I know the love they have for the game and for each other. My recommendation this week is to make sure you know your assignment. That starts today! If you don’t know your assignment ask a coach to make sure you know. I have faith that we have the talent to win out if we know our assignments and execute. I also know nobody will force you to know them. You gotta take and make sure yourself!