Crockett vs south Gibson

Cavaliers9814

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Cavaliers9814 said:

I’ve talked to multiple coaches of ours and they said the kids have been super pumped up for this game so we shall see, what’s everybody’s thoughts 

If they weren't "super pumped" for this game, then there's a problem in Alamo. I expect Crockett County to come off firing, and they need to blow the first punch. For South Gibson, they're on a two game losing streak, but the opponents combine record of the two teams they have lost to, is a combine 16-1. Lausanne was the team with the one loss, and that came to Bartlett (Panthers have two losses, one to Hoover and the other was. a one point loss to Germantown).

I do expect South Gibson to play with energy and finish the season strong at home. I know they don't want to enter the playoffs with a 3 game losing streak. The Hornets need to reset and just play SGC football.

The only problem I have with Crockett, was that it was a roller coaster ride. I will say, someone mentioned the Cavaliers can get 6 wins this year, and they are correct. But they beat Dyer County and Ripley, and they didn't show up against Haywood when I saw them. They beat Bolivar, and then they dropped one to Obion Central. They beat Milan and go on a 3 game winning streak, and then they lose by 24 to Lexington. 

Crockett needs to get to 35, because I can't see them winning a game when scoring <21. Unfortunately, I don't see Crockett getting to 35, and I have South Gibson winning 35-21.

I hope Crockett delivers the first punch, and I expect South Gibson to settle down and play their football.

Edited by TryNotToSuck

7 minutes ago, TryNotToSuck said:

If they weren't "super pumped" for this game, then there's a problem in Alamo. I expect Crockett County to come off firing, and they need to blow the first punch. For South Gibson, they're on a two game losing streak, but the opponents combine record of the two teams they have lost to, is a combine 16-1. Lausanne was the team with the one loss, and that came to Bartlett (Panthers have two losses, one to Hoover and the other was. a one point loss to Germantown).

I do expect South Gibson to play with energy and finish the season strong at home. I know they don't want to enter the playoffs with a 3 game losing streak. The Hornets need to reset and just play SGC football.

The only problem I have with Crockett, was that it was a roller coaster ride. I will say, someone mentioned the Cavaliers can get 6 wins this year, and they are correct. But they beat Dyer County and Ripley, and they didn't show up against Haywood when I saw them. They beat Bolivar, and then they dropped one to Obion Central. They beat Milan and go on a 3 game winning streak, and then they lose by 24 to Lexington. 

Crockett needs to get to 35, because I can't see them winning a game when scoring <21. Unfortunately, I don't see Crockett getting to 35, and I have South Gibson winning 35-21.

I hope Crockett delivers the first punch, and I expect South Gibson to settle down and play their football.

Good answer to the question, yeah Lexington game we had some kids out that were hurt and saved for this weeks game but that’s no excuse, we jumped out early on Lexington and just acted like we didn’t want to play any of the other 3 quarters 

15 minutes ago, Cavaliers9814 said:

Good answer to the question, yeah Lexington game we had some kids out that were hurt and saved for this weeks game but that’s no excuse, we jumped out early on Lexington and just acted like we didn’t want to play any of the other 3 quarters 

That was the impression I had when y'all played Haywood. I think the QB went down for Crockett in that game, but when Haywood went up 14-0, it seemed like the "mojo" and vibe changed from Crockett County. It changed from being competitive against the Tomcats, to "let's get out of Brownsville as fast as we can."

The play calling changed in that game as well (again, QB going down had an effect on that), but to me, the white flag was waived too early in that game.

7 hours ago, TryNotToSuck said:

That was the impression I had when y'all played Haywood. I think the QB went down for Crockett in that game, but when Haywood went up 14-0, it seemed like the "mojo" and vibe changed from Crockett County. It changed from being competitive against the Tomcats, to "let's get out of Brownsville as fast as we can."

The play calling changed in that game as well (again, QB going down had an effect on that), but to me, the white flag was waived too early in that game.

You said it best we have athletes on that team and at times this year have been better than others, but I feel there will be some mix up on things tonight I’ll take our seniors not wanting it to be over Crockett by 3

If Crockett wins they get to  host a playoff game and SGC is in the 4 spot. 

If SGC wins they are in the 3 spot and Crockett is in the 4 spot. 

Lot to play for in this contest. It is also senior night. 

Crockett, you will be in for a treat this evening during halftime. Our band is outstanding. This is the best performance you will see from a high school band! I have never been a band guy, but I recognize excellence and this years band is top notch! You will get your 8 dollars worth, promise! 

Edited by ManOfMillions

I believe SGC will win, and I see this as the most likely outcome after the dust settles tonight.

Haywood is the No. 1 seed. If Haywood beats Obion County, South Gibson beats Crockett County and Milan beats North Side, Milan is No. 2, South Gibson is No. 3 and Obion County is No. 4.

Edited by stacmot

4 hours ago, ManOfMillions said:

If Crockett wins they get to  host a playoff game and SGC is in the 4 spot. 

If SGC wins they are in the 3 spot and Crockett is in the 4 spot. 

Lot to play for in this contest. It is also senior night. 

Crockett, you will be in for a treat this evening during halftime. Our band is outstanding. This is the best performance you will see from a high school band! I have never been a band guy, but I recognize excellence and this years band is top notch! You will get your 8 dollars worth, promise! 

If Crockett lose their season is over