William Blount travels to Morristown East

BarneySox2007

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well at least they can end the misery and get it over with tonight.  This has been an all time low even for William Blount,    They either need to make a commitment to making the changes that need to be made top to bottom, or just give up football all together before they can't even field a team.  I feel really bad for those boys, they deserve better.  

3 hours ago, oridgecat said:

Well at least they can end the misery and get it over with tonight.  This has been an all time low even for William Blount,    They either need to make a commitment to making the changes that need to be made top to bottom, or just give up football all together before they can't even field a team.  I feel really bad for those boys, they deserve better.  

This is exactly why enrollment numbers mean nothing and some common sense would mean everything.

There was no development or progress made this year. This team was way worse tonight than they were when I went up to Clinton in August and that's saying something. They looked so bad then that I couldn't stand to watch and left before halftime to go eat. We can't afford to let this keep going on if we ever want WB to have success in football. I don't want to hear any nonsense about how coaches need 2, 3, or 4 years. We've seen enough. Sometimes you're so bad that you go 0-10 and that's fine. But there should be signs of progress. For example, scores should get closer and your squad ought to be more able to physically compete as they practice, do workouts and get game experience. I have asked this question before and I will ask it again: Does this coaching staff even teach tackling??? Because there is no evidence that they have practiced tackling when you watch the Govs on defense. We couldn't even tackle the women's team at the nursing home if we wanted to. 

Edited by GovForce1

15 hours ago, Fandom101 said:

I’m shocked you have yet to make a Lenoir City/Powell thread. Seeing as how proud you are of the LC program.

First of all there is a couple of Powell fans on here and if they didn't put up a thread it wasn't my job to over run them and do it . Far as Lenior City goes I'm friends with one of the dads who's kid is one of the two best players on the team and very excited he is having a great year . Also glad to see the new coach having some great success his first year.

Govforce is right, This team just got worse as the season went. The Shad experiment went to far until he carried the program right down the drain. We knew that was a bad mistake when they hired him. The man was facing some serious issues back home at Blackman and W.B. fell head over heels in love with him and should of moved on after he wore their fax machine filling out applications to other programs. no matter how well the Eagleton program looks right now he'll be the equalizer there before it's over. If I were Scott I would have a good meeting with Robert and just tell him buddy I'm the one who people are looking at. I would say I wasn't expecting a miracle but wasn't prepared for a crash landing every ballgame either. I would just say getting 62 hung on us by a team with a losing record isn't moving in the right direction. Look at Lenior City and Heritage, two dead programs that were brought back to life which does say it can be done. Scott Meadows did it down there at Blount and things have taken a turn for the worse since.