Carter at Elizabethton

BarneySox2007

On 11/1/2022 at 8:03 AM, blazer1set said:

Finally an Elizabethton thread....   For a while there I thought the Betsy fans had dropped into some warped space/time continuum

We trying to stay under the radar again this season. But I don’t think we will be able to sneak up on anyone this time. After what we did to Carter last year, AC a month or so ago and Greeneville last season, nobody will overlook us. I just hope we can keep rolling and ruin some teams seasons again this year. Good luck to all our local teams.

23 hours ago, Mavericksinflight said:

Betsy needs to forget Carter and be more worried about the long travel to AC and then having to play AC at home in front of a record sale out crowd that is more hungrier than a tic on a teddybear.

First…sell out. Second…more hungrier? Third…we know we can play with you. Our confidence will be through the roof. Plus, we are healthy! We have some key players back that we were missing. And finally, I know you’re just kidding when you suggest we loose focus on Carter and turn our eyes towards you. Or, was that fear in your words and you’re just hoping you don’t have to face us again?!

1 hour ago, BigDaddyDave said:

First…sell out. Second…more hungrier? Third…we know we can play with you. Our confidence will be through the roof. Plus, we are healthy! We have some key players back that we were missing. And finally, I know you’re just kidding when you suggest we loose focus on Carter and turn our eyes towards you. Or, was that fear in your words and you’re just hoping you don’t have to face us again?!

Carter will be awaiting Betsy Friday night with a Full Head of steam ahead! 

Edited by Mavericksinflight

10 hours ago, Mavericksinflight said:

Carter will be awaiting Betsy Friday night with a Full Head of steam ahead! 

After last season, no doubt. But you know this, once you reach a certain level of consistency and success, you get EVERYONES best shot. I’m sure every team we’ve played over the last 3 years would like a shot at revenge. Only G’ville and AC have achieved it. Kinda like we felt after the 2018 season about you both. 
That’s one reason I love high school football so much. The ebbs and flows of talent can favor different teams at different times. Even the top programs feel it to some degree. This is an exciting time of the year. 

57 minutes ago, BigDaddyDave said:

After last season, no doubt. But you know this, once you reach a certain level of consistency and success, you get EVERYONES best shot. I’m sure every team we’ve played over the last 3 years would like a shot at revenge. Only G’ville and AC have achieved it. Kinda like we felt after the 2018 season about you both. 
That’s one reason I love high school football so much. The ebbs and flows of talent can favor different teams at different times. Even the top programs feel it to some degree. This is an exciting time of the year. 

Agreed