Class 5A Region 5 Old Rivalries Renewed

PercyPeabody

New Regions have been posted

https://portal.tssaa.org/common/classification/?schoolYear=2023&sportid=1&type=high

Region 5

Columbia Central High School (Columbia, TN)

Franklin Co. High School (Winchester, TN)

Lawrence Co. High School (Lawrenceburg, TN)

Lincoln Co. High School (Fayetteville, TN)

Shelbyville Central High School (Shelbyville, TN)

Spring Hill High School (Columbia, TN)

Tullahoma High School (Tullahoma, TN)

Would love to hear the thoughts of the fans of each school. Pros/Cons Like/Dislikes

3 minutes ago, Ttown58 said:

I know Tullahoma, Shelbyville, and Lawrence County, were young teams, and lose only a few seniors.  Franklin County, loses some players, but should be pretty good. Don't know much about the other teams.  The down side, the teams that make the playoffs next year, will have to match up against Nolensville, Page, and Centennial  from Region 6.

Yeah I noticed those BIG three waiting in the other region. Boy that will be some great games among those three as well as some of the matchups in region 5. I can't wait! Next year is going to be an event every Friday night. I'm going to enjoy visiting some of the stadiums of old. 

Edited by PercyPeabody

Since Ttown58 commented, it got me to thinking of some of the posters I enjoy reading and trying to get them used to coming over to the 5A thread... you all are the ones that keep it lively. 

@hollowman @TowMater @MountRushmore1 @Fawhy @IPOPU2022 @TTownFan50 @Twistedwedge

Would love to hear some of your thoughts on this new region. 

• Like 2

Here's my $0.02 worth.....

Far from a powerhouse region, BUT.......other than the number of top tier athletes - Columbia, FC, Spring Hill, and Shelbyville will always have 1 or 2, and sometimes 3 kids that are as good or better than most in the state.  Tullahoma, Lawrence Co., & Lincoln Co., sees those top tier athletes less frequently, but they do come through.  Travel, gate, and atmosphere will all certainly improve, particularly for Law.Co, LincCo., T-town, and FC.